re-introducing myself :-)

sima1289

Reaction score
i totally forgot about this forum! last time i was on here was...almost exactly a year ago! wow...haha

so, if it's ok with everyone, i'm going to introduce myself again :)

i'm maya, i'm 19, and i'm hearing. i've been interested (and passionate) about deafness and sign language for as long as i can remember. i don't have any direct relatives that are deaf, but my paternal grandfather's wife's (she isn't my blood grandmother...long story...haha) mother is deaf, and i sign with her when i see her. i took sign language classes in 5th and 6th grade, and since then, i've pretty much been teaching myself. over the years, i've made a few deaf friends my age, and i'm still friends with all but 1 of them. my other passion is theatre, specifically musical theatre. i have a HUGE aspiration: after 2 years of college (the program i'm doing is only for 2 years), i want to apply to gally and major in theatre there. that way, i'll be combining my 2 passions! :D

i really want to meet people around my age :D don't be strangers! if you want my myspace/facebook/screen name, just ask! :D

Hello, how does it work, being "passionate about deafness?" :P

Hello!!!

I welcome you to AD and hope I see you around posting!! If there is any questions or anything just post! This is a friendly forum!!

Hello, how does it work, being "passionate about deafness?" :P

this is going to seem reeally weird, but i just feel a connection with it. i think the deaf culture and whatnot is so cool, it's as if i'm a part of it. honestly, there are some days that i wish i was deaf, and not just because everything's too loud. it's really hard to describe, and i know it's kind of weird... :-/

this is going to seem reeally weird, but i just feel a connection with it. i think the deaf culture and whatnot is so cool, it's as if i'm a part of it. honestly, there are some days that i wish i was deaf, and not just because everything's too loud. it's really hard to describe, and i know it's kind of weird... :-/

That's ok. You will find many weird people here!! ;)

Don't worry Maya, you are not the only wierdo in the world. I also feel a strong connection to the Deaf community. That is why I am working toward being an ASL interpreter myself so I will be able to be more in the culture. Remember your not the only wierdo.

:welcome: to the weird AllDeaf forum. :lol: I hope you have fun reading and posting all the threads here. See you around. :wave:

Back