Rating posts!

Should there be a posts "rating" system?

• Yes!

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • No!

Votes: 18 81.8%
  • Yes, but the below idea needs to be tweaked.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't know/care.

Votes: 2 9.1%

• Total voters

rabbit

Reaction score
OK, I've seen this on other websites, though not on a forum, I like the idea though. Here's how it works: you have a '-' and a '+' symbol on each persons individual post, when a post is good you hit + when it's bad you hit - if a post gets enough - hits it will be "buried" and you wont be able to see it unless you click on the "view post" link in it's place, if it gets enough + hits it will be highlighted, or maybe even featured in another part of the forum, what do you think of this idea?

OK, I've seen this on other websites, though not on a forum, I like the idea though. Here's how it works: you have a '-' and a '+' symbol on each persons individual post, when a post is good you hit + when it's bad you hit - if a post gets enough - hits it will be "buried" and you wont be able to see it unless you click on the "view post" link in it's place, if it gets enough + hits it will be highlighted, or maybe even featured in another part of the forum, what do you think of this idea?

Rabbit, I like your sentiment but I think we ALREADY fuss with each other a little too much here sometimes and something like your idea might be fuel for more of that......

I vote no for one because AD used to have a rate system being added in this forum, some members abuse the rate system by based their vote on trying to pissed a member off that they dislike and it was inculde a comment why that member rate your post and some words were to hurtful to handle....so the owner decide to removed the rate system after seeing proof that was brought up to his attention....This forum isn't ready for a rate system, simply because some people are just too immature to take their BS eslewhere period...

You both make a good point, I've noticed a lot of bickering and fighting that goes on, and some people on this forum would most likely vote on a post not based on it's quality, but rather on whether they like the person posting or not, it wouldn't be very fair!

I vote no for one because AD used to have a rate system being added in this forum, some members abuse the rate system by based their vote on trying to pissed a member off that they dislike and it was inculde a comment why that member rate your post and some words were to hurtful to handle....so the owner decide to removed the rate system after seeing proof that was brought up to his attention....This forum isn't ready for a rate system, simply because some people are just too immature to take their BS eslewhere period...
:werd:

We did do it in the past. It didn't work out well.

Often, negative posts are affected more than positive posts.

It's like in the real world... if a person does something good to you or if a person does something bad to you... which would you be affected more by?

If you're driving and trying to change lanes, and someone slows down to let you in front of him/her... are you likely to give them a "thank you" wave?

If you're driving and trying to change lanes, and someone cuts in abruptly... are you likely to get pissy and think (or say) "Jeez, what an asshole!"

I voted no..I agreed with Vampy, Angel, and Tousi. I don't like see other member get jealous or get into fight, bring up bs dramas, etc etc. Not worth it. I don't want to see Alex or any other Moderators get too much stresses.

No, it's easier to abuse it.

Same goes on repulation, such as pros and cons on members aren't good and easier to abuse it then not worth to get one.

Sorry, Pacman, I'm trying to find the word you really mean when you say, "repulation". So what's the word you meant?

Sorry, Pacman, I'm trying to find the word you really mean when you say, "repulation". So what's the word you meant?

Repulation is known as Rep or Reps, that allowed members to rate on other member, such as prositive or negative and send an comment to them, that can be called in offensive language, that found in User CP. There's one forum that have repulation, green is prositive and red is negative, that block is goes on lines. I joined here before and quit it after got many negative comment from User CP.
Fairwarning's "Neg" rep...Abuse. - ConsoleCity Forums

Repulation is known as Rep or Reps, that allowed members to rate on other member, such as prositive or negative and send an comment to them, that can be called in offensive language, that found in User CP. There's one forum that have repulation, green is prositive and red is negative, that block is goes on lines. I joined here before and quit it after got many negative comment from User CP.
Fairwarning's "Neg" rep...Abuse. - ConsoleCity Forums
Pacman, do you mean to spell 'reputation'?

To answer here... Had some of the folks not joined in late 2003, maybe AllDeaf.com would do well with the rating system.

To answer here... Had some of the folks not joined in late 2003, maybe AllDeaf.com would do well with the rating system.
In 2002, there were a lot of members who loved to play pranks on each other. There were also heated tension between various members.

Doing negative rating would have happened then.

i agree with others that rating is easy to abuse the posts
and also try to distroy person feelings and etc...

tskie tskie :nono: ....This happened way back before I became a member here, nice try hon

In 2002, there were a lot of members who loved to play pranks on each other. There were also heated tension between various members.

Doing negative rating would have happened then.

Right, :ty:

Back