Rat Poison Found in Tainted Pet Food

Right now, at this point, they're saying 'no one' did it, it's more of to the fact that what's used in Rat Poison is a chemical found on wheat. Check the above story via the link provided. At this point, it looks like that, however, it could be 'anything', meaning...someone could have tampered with the pet food. As this is an on-going situation, one that has many people watching, I'm sure there will be a more suitable answer to what really happened soon. ;)

Also, it is indeed very sad that several pets have died from this and many others being hospitalized at this time.

~RR

Ouch, that some of pet foods need to be recall and remove from shelves, like happened to Peter Pan peanut butter but never returned to shelves and remain to be out. Does anyone find out about what happen? If branded pet food are targeted then time for recall and remove it. Now, I feel bad for pets that who got kidney failure, that's no fun.

There are 90 or more brand names on cat and dog food.. you guys need to have that checked out and make sure you're not feeding the recalled food. I had 2 dogs that came in with rat poison due to eating can food. Please do check and see to prevent from your animals getting sick.

Ok. it was not found in wheat.. it was found in chemicals that were sprayed on the wheat. The chemical that they found is a version of Rat poison, yes. but here in the US, it is not used.

And the specific chemical "was identified as aminopterin, which is used to kill rats in some countries." (taken from MSNBC)

Rat poison found in deadly pet food - Pet Health - MSNBC.com

And the article said that that specific chemical.. is known to cause kidney failure in dogs and cats. So hopefully... they will find the company that supplied the wheat and stop buying from that company.

Geez, hope they find out who did it and caused a huge mess. It's sad to see them hurt from that.

I am upset about this news.. my mom showed me the article that my sis in law printed as she knew I have animals.. no wonder one of my cats are sick.. :( i will have to take him to vet and have him checked out.. my dog mac is fine.. he refused to eat the canned foods for few weeks .. hes been eating dry cat foods.. that explain .. maybe he knew it is bad/? i dont know.. strange... but will check the codes on all of the cans when i get home.. if the cans are tainted.. I will take them back to store and get my money back.. grrr..

*GROAN* I am very sad and upset!!

And angry too but knowing we may not know if any reason why anyone could hurt animals like that!! But wait and see what is next step on why or what...or how that happened!! I kept feeling that someone did and that someone who hate pets so bad that want to kill them all... but I doubt that I am hoping for! I do hope Cheri's dog or was a cat is ok by now? I still praying for ur love one.... that goes for everyone else who might have gotten.... sighs...

Thanks for info!!

I don't think it was intentional.. I think it was an accident.

The article said that some of the wheat came from outside the US.. and We don't know how other countries deal with pests like rats or bugs. So they could have sprayed the stuff on the wheat without realizing it could hurt anyone or any pets. So I don't think it was any one person's fault.

and before anyone tells me rats are not pests.. I'm not talking tamed rats that live in cages and all that.. I'm talking wild rats. Which are rats don't like people.

Trust me, I'm a former rat owner.. I love rats.. but some countries don't see rats as pets, more as pests that they have to get rid of.

From other countries, have you learn about Black death back in 1347. It causes by fleas that rats carried them. So, foreign countries are preventing it from rat being overpopulated. I don't like wild rats. I'm sorry to say it. They carry diseases.

The Black Death

The Black Death, 1348

From other countries, have you learn about Black death back in 1347. It causes by fleas that rats carried them. So, foreign countries are preventing it from rat being overpopulated. I don't like wild rats. I'm sorry to say it. They carry diseases.

The Black Death

The Black Death, 1348

Seeing that pix of rat flea that was somehow came into rats? Well, actually I have not yet read them all in ur link, I am too tired lol but I try to read them when I am ready but to me it was just that bug thing that came into Rat... which may have gotten into anyone!! To me things that happened jump into animals that always blame which is not true!! That is my opionion!! Sorry!! I love animals that include wild rats as well!! But but anyway...... let that be for now, pls! Let that talk abt pets: cats and Dogs ok? Sorry for going off the topic!! Thanks!

However, I undy ur feelings, mecooncat so I am not blaming u... :) That is ur feelings... no worries!

strangely enough when i got home i checked all the codes on the canned foods.. none of them have the codes that they said are tainted.. mostly of them are in pouches.. not in cans that i got for Oreo and Jack and Mac. I will have to be careful with that from now on... sheesh... but poor animals that died or are suffering.... May God comfort the family and loved ones... :(

Where is the link that shown list of codes that they said are tainted? Where can I find out and check for my animal foods here?

Ahhhh I Found It!!! No need to answer my questions. Thanks!

Seeing that pix of rat flea that was somehow came into rats? Well, actually I have not yet read them all in ur link, I am too tired lol but I try to read them when I am ready but to me it was just that bug thing that came into Rat... which may have gotten into anyone!! To me things that happened jump into animals that always blame which is not true!! That is my opionion!! Sorry!! I love animals that include wild rats as well!! But but anyway...... let that be for now, pls! Let that talk abt pets: cats and Dogs ok? Sorry for going off the topic!! Thanks!

However, I undy ur feelings, mecooncat so I am not blaming u... :) That is ur feelings... no worries!

No problem. I'm not upset or anything. I thought you might want to know about it so I put it in here. Trying to be helpful. :)

No problem. I'm not upset or anything. I thought you might want to know about it so I put it in here. Trying to be helpful. :)

Yea, u r right u did and I am sorry... lol.... thanks for links tho... at least u r not upset! :D

Back