Rare's possibly facing bankrupt.

Steel X

Reaction score
Rare, a former partner company of Nintendo who developed games such as the infamous FPS title, Goldeneye 007, Banjo-Kazooie, Donkey Kong Country trilogy, and even Conker's Bad Fur Day who is now owned by Microsoft since 2002 with Perfect Dark Zero, Conker : Live and Reloaded, and Kameo: Elements of Power is facing money problems since the sales on their most recent released title Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts didnt go well so they decided to "speed" up on other projects that they were working on. I think that may be a bad idea...since most rushed games usually sucks.

Rare restructures, Microsoft warns of earnings slip - News at GameSpot

Seriously, Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts was terrible. It wasnt really much of anything like the two previous titles were in the N64 days thou it wasnt actually much of a platforming adventure as it used to be.

if they just release killer instinct or something, that would help.
Yeah... I agree.

I used to really enjoy Street Fighter II.

When Mortal Kombat came out, I enjoyed that more than Street Fighter II.

When Killer Instinct came out, I enjoyed that more than Mortal Kombat.

Since then, I haven't been able to enjoy Street Fighter or Mortal Kombat the same again. :(

if they just release killer instinct or something, that would help.

It's still a question on Killer Instinct, because that game been develop by Rareware and publisher by both: Midway and Nintendo. Who own the license on right to use? :hmm:

Yeah... I agree.

I used to really enjoy Street Fighter II.

When Mortal Kombat came out, I enjoyed that more than Street Fighter II.

When Killer Instinct came out, I enjoyed that more than Mortal Kombat.

Since then, I haven't been able to enjoy Street Fighter or Mortal Kombat the same again. :(

What's wrong with Street Fighter IV and plus tournament on everywhere at Gamespot this Saturday at 2pm?

What's wrong with Street Fighter IV and plus tournament on everywhere at Gamespot this Saturday at 2pm?

because he dont own an Xbox360 or PS3. :lol:

However...Street Fighter IV is on PC for the first time but I am uncertain if he is interested in that kind of version.

because he dont own an Xbox360 or PS3. :lol:

However...Street Fighter IV is on PC for the first time but I am uncertain if he is interested in that kind of version.
It's not cuz I don't own a Xbox 360 or Playstation 3. I lost interest in Street Fighter a long time ago.

The only time I will play it is if a friend has it and I play his or I play the display version at a local store like Fry's or Best Buy. :)

Oh...? I see. I am planning to get SFIV maybe next month or whatever if I get some coupons from Gamestop or something lol.

and yes, I'll be getting the PS3 version. Go Chun-Li! :P

Oh...? I see. I am planning to get SFIV maybe next month or whatever if I get some coupons from Gamestop or something lol.

and yes, I'll be getting the PS3 version. Go Chun-Li! :P

NO! go to GameSpot this SAT and get some kick ass on everybody!!! :mad2:

Most of the people who worked on games for Rare... like Killer Instinct, Goldeneye 64, Banjo-Kazooie, etc... aren't even working there anymore.

I'm not surprised that Rare is now in this position.

Most of the people who worked on games for Rare... like Killer Instinct, Goldeneye 64, Banjo-Kazooie, etc... aren't even working there anymore.

I'm not surprised that Rare is now in this position.

True. Alot of them split up to make their own company such as Free Radical by the same developer team of Goldeneye, who is also facing money problems to as trying to speed up on the project, Time Splitters 4 before it gets any worse.

God, Haze sucked. :ugh:

Rare isnt same company today since many original people left for starting new studios.

Real shame about Free Radical dropped Star Wars Battlefront 3 (rumor), end up in other gaming studio.

Back