ranting

lovezebras

Reaction score
So today I drove up to the starbucks drve through cuz I didn't have time to go in...bad idea..I HATE drive throughs lol but I decided what the heck I'll give it a go ...so pulled up and the girl couldn't hear me properly I couldn't hear her so I just pulled up and told her sorry I'm deaf and she started yelling and making up her own ASL for me..and I couldn't help but laugh yet be annoyed at the same time cuz she was genuinely trying SO hard to help me lol but I was talking normally..so dunno why she thought I was deaf and stupid..i dunno..haha

but THEN

Went shopping and about 4 people shoved me over when I guess they said excuse me but I couldn't hear them cuz they were behind me...

Like tap me on the shoulder or something jeese louise..

did I mention i HATE shopping when there are a lot of ppl haha....

what a day..can't wait for friday..arizona sunny sun sun sun...omg

hey! yes this is very annoying, people not being considerate to you.
sorry you had a bad day :aw:

it's just that the average pple don't expect you to be deaf.
they probably think you are not paying attention, and they are probably
stressed out themselves.

I once were with my daughter grocery shopping and while putting the buggy back get my money back,
my daughter tapped me and said
Mom wait this lady wants your buggy.
And indeed there was this trashy looking woman eying me from top to bottom and back, giving me the look and the small change,
and once she got it she started away from us like she's been on fire.

later my daughter told me the woman was yelling to me "lady! hey lady! HEY YOU, LADYYY!!"
then directing at my daughter with disdain: "what is she, deaf or what!"
to which my daughter replied "yes, she actually is" - so,

- ooops, think before you say...

lolololol

Fuzzy

Yes people I guess just don't expect it..especially because I'm young and I look even younger lol I get 17 often hahaha

and here ya go pfh

that pic is when I first started working at the bar and I served shots :P

Attachments

• n504862042_2013114_467781.jpg
    n504862042_2013114_467781.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 31
Hottie alica

LOL

I am so sorry that it is happening to you lately. SInce it is all new to you. One thing is that do your best to keep going on whatever you have done in the past, and dont change because you have hearing loss. just stay who you are and screw them since they are the one who get fussy or throw a fit without consideration.

Lastly, all i can say is that you just keep your eyes wide and see everything like 360 degrees wide more often. For me i was born deaf and rely on my eyes and tend to get sense of things that would go bad or good.

LOVEEE YOUR OUTFITS. too bad i cant borrow you that i may have 20 pounds more than you do. grrrr beautiful gal~!

PFH gave you the best advice! Never forget it. :P

So today I drove up to the starbucks drve through cuz I didn't have time to go in...bad idea..I HATE drive throughs lol but I decided what the heck I'll give it a go ...so pulled up and the girl couldn't hear me properly I couldn't hear her so I just pulled up and told her sorry I'm deaf and she started yelling and making up her own ASL for me..and I couldn't help but laugh yet be annoyed at the same time cuz she was genuinely trying SO hard to help me lol but I was talking normally..so dunno why she thought I was deaf and stupid..i dunno..haha

but THEN

Went shopping and about 4 people shoved me over when I guess they said excuse me but I couldn't hear them cuz they were behind me...

Like tap me on the shoulder or something jeese louise..

did I mention i HATE shopping when there are a lot of ppl haha....

what a day..can't wait for friday..arizona sunny sun sun sun...omg

Which Starbucks in Ottawa? I do not recall that there is a Starbuck with drive-in entrance here although I have gone to many of them.

it's just that the average pple don't expect you to be deaf.
they probably think you are not paying attention, and they are probably
stressed out themselves.

Very true. It's actually very revealing of our society today that people tend to think that you're a bitch or giving them the cold shoulder rather than you're simply deaf.

I went to an empty store and browsed around. I noticed someone walking away from me behind my back from the corner of my eye. When I went to pay for the stuff, that same person who walked away from me was the cashier. She had this cold look on her face, and I asked her a question about something (like closing time), she immediately lit up and smiled. I asked her "..... did you ask me if I needed help earlier?" and she said "yes.. but now I realized why you didn't answer me..."

I guarantee that this happens a lot, except more people walk away never realizing that I'm deaf..... just that they think I'm a cold hearted biyatch.

I love this thread! Thank you all! xxx ooo You made my day. Sometimes it feels like I'm the only one out here. LOL I write notes to deli clerks with my orders and always try and go when the friendly one is on duty that doesn't let other's jump in front of me in line. LOL I never, ever, ever go to the Super Walmart deli counters as the customers there can be vicious and they never use the #%!# numbers! (Sorry, I don't usually swear) I sometimes cry... I hate standing so long and then have others just jump up and cut me but yet I say nothing. I need to get more of a backbone perhaps.

xxx

Chie

Lol I just don't get why people are so rude! It doesn't happen often but when it does it's annoying but I found out today I lost more hearing which is why I guess it's been happening more lately.

Royale- it's the new Starbucks in barrhaven

Thanks for the outfit comment Frisky! I love cool dresses and outfits :p

I don't go to that one often either which is why I was out of my element..i ALWAYS go to the one on merivale/hunt club or trainyards cuz they all know me and know my drink and I don't usually have to order..

I love this thread! Thank you all! xxx ooo You made my day. Sometimes it feels like I'm the only one out here. LOL I write notes to deli clerks with my orders and always try and go when the friendly one is on duty that doesn't let other's jump in front of me in line. LOL I never, ever, ever go to the Super Walmart deli counters as the customers there can be vicious and they never use the #%!# numbers! (Sorry, I don't usually swear) I sometimes cry... I hate standing so long and then have others just jump up and cut me but yet I say nothing. I need to get more of a backbone perhaps.

xxx

Chie

An easy way to get the clerk to pay attention to is to have your money held tightly in your hand up in the air. (Held tightly because you don't want anyone to grab it. :shock: ) That get's their attention. I learned that from "pushy" New Yorkers. :)

Of course that only works if the same clerk that takes your order is also the one you are suppose to pay.

But I do suggest speaking up. It may feel awkward in the beginning if you are not use to doing that, but in the long run you will feel much better.

Yep, I have been acussed left and right about how rude I am, what a bitch I was, and many more. I have been yelled at, had faces made at me, and a few more. I guess I have become so used to it that I no longer notice it.

Sorry that you had a rough day! Hope you can look back on it and laugh but it seems like you already got a few chuckles out of it. :)

Ya I mean some ppl are just not knowledgeable..I usually let it go or ill say EXCUSE ME TO U TOO! Really loud but it's usually my mom who pipes up and says something ..one girl got mad once and was like well maybe your daughter should pay listen and pay attention in a crowded store! And my mom said maybe she should use her eyeballs and not assum everyone can hear them cuz she's deaf and youre a bitch lol I've made some ppl feel bad too but I usually don't say much ..one guy once paid me bout 100 in tips all. night cuz he was beig SO ignorant and didn't believe I was deaf so I plucked my hearing aids out and put them on the table..needless to say he felt like an asshole..lol

I'm getting new has which ate ultra power and slightly bigger than the ones I have now..so if ppl don't notice those they have probs lol

Back