Random Vents.....

Yeah, the 140 Blockbuster stores in Canada are being closed and all the stores in Ottawa are being shut down. Recently they had super discount sales on DVDs to get rid of them out of their inventory.
ITunes have captions on it.

You can watch it but i say around 10% of film have captions.

Of course you don't. You still are one of those boys. :giggle:

Haha, indeed I am. :P

Mine you, I've been living with my girlfriend in our own apartment for over 2 years now, so I'm not quite in that same demographic anymore, but I'm definitely close enough to still remember when I was.

I am SO FREAKING MAD that I have to pay over $900 for tests to be certified in the current state I live in...I'm already certified to teach in three other states but this state is a SNOB and won't accept any of them. I have to take the same freaking tests that I took and aced years ago. Dammit, seriously, dammit. My Masters degrees= no good. 11 years of experience= so what?

I should have been a lawyer.
I hear you, same with phlebotomy, each state has a different certification. I don't know how different it is to draw blood in each state?

I'm pissed because last night, on the way to the gym for work, someone almost hit me (Im talking about INCHES) because she was on the cell phone. I was going straight through an intersection, and she was coming from the other way and was making a left. Either she didn't see me at all or she assumed that I would stop because the light turned yellow just before I passed the intersection (No!, I did not run a red light). She proceeded to make a left, almost running RIGHT into me (not even front of me, but to the side of my car!). I thought she was moving forward to turn left right after I passed, but she kept coming closer and closer to me, so I swerved, slammed my brakes, and looked back and sideways to her. She waved at me and said "OMG I am so so sorry!!!". In one of her hands was a cell phone...... I am guessing, she saw the light turning yellow and assumed that I would stop and looked down on her cell phone while making a left.

Sigh.... my hands were shaking for a while after. But hey, I managed to do a really good work out at the gym (1.5 mi run/30 min bike (not sure how far)/1.5 mi run). I am training for this weekend's duathlon (2.5 mi run/15 mi bike/2.5 mi run).

cost of rent grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr $175 a 1 bedroom

Um... WHAT? seriously? That is so freaking cheap. I thought mine was pretty cheap when I was going to college. 4 bedroom apt for $1000, meaning $250 per person. However, that apt was not a very nice apt, but perfect for college kids!

One of my friends was renting at 100 bucks for his bedroom. His apt was 6 bedrooms, and was $800 per month. However, his room was so small compared to the other rooms, so they gave him a discount. That apt was SO substandard..... :). Ahh... Troy, NY. How I love thee.

cost of rent grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr $175 a 1 bedroom

Boy, that's a "cheap-o"!....I've seen 1-BR's for $400/month, very small, trash in the pool...really nasty!....Even renting a "room" runs $75-$100-week.
Times have changed...

I wanna know where that is too! I'm lucky if I find a nice place under $600 here!

Heh, the place I'm moving to this weekend is more like $1000/mo. My current place is $600/mo, and is nice as long as you can ignore or don't mind the ghetto neighbors, lol.

Saw a sign by the road today, a 1 bedroom apartment $1600 a month, water and sewer included.

Saw a sign by the road today, a 1 bedroom apartment $1600 a month, water and sewer included.

Wow! That's a lot more than the apts around here. 1600 a month can get you a single family home with a basement and pool here in MD.

I am SO FREAKING MAD that I have to pay over $900 for tests to be certified in the current state I live in...I'm already certified to teach in three other states but this state is a SNOB and won't accept any of them. I have to take the same freaking tests that I took and aced years ago. Dammit, seriously, dammit. My Masters degrees= no good. 11 years of experience= so what?

I should have been a lawyer.

I feel you...I so feel you, girl.

Break it down into pieces/parts and be happy to get the "little" things done. If you have 10 things to do and get 2 things done...that's leaves only 8 more things to do later. Small steps are better than no steps (because you're overwhelmed).

And remember to enjoy the summer. :wave:

Yea, I will. Thanks! I just did that this morning and had a great day with my projects. Ironically, I feel soooo at peace in my mind after a hard's day of work unlike my teaching job where I am constantly stressed. Interessting. :hmm:

A nice 3 bedroom apt here costs the same as my mortgage...around $1800 a month. It is freaking nuts!

Back