Rally at MSU on Friday Dec 4th to Save the Deaf Ed program!

heatherrogers

Reaction score
I just wanted to send out another reminder that there will be a rally at MSU to protest the decision to close the Deaf Ed and ASL programs here. It will be at 10:00 in front of the Hannah Administration Building on campus and so far we have over 650 people confirmed for attending. There will be a number of speakers - both Deaf and hearing, students in the program, community members, and leaders. If find yourself in the Lansing area and aren't afraid of a little snow and wind, PLEASE come out and support us!

If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask I'm on AIM a LOT so just shoot me a message :)
RALLY TO KEEP DEAF EDUCATION PROGRAM AND ASL CLASSES AT MSU | Facebook

I just wanted to send out another reminder that there will be a rally at MSU to protest the decision to close the Deaf Ed and ASL programs here. It will be at 10:00 in front of the Hannah Administration Building on campus and so far we have over 650 people confirmed for attending. There will be a number of speakers - both Deaf and hearing, students in the program, community members, and leaders. If find yourself in the Lansing area and aren't afraid of a little snow and wind, PLEASE come out and support us!

If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask I'm on AIM a LOT so just shoot me a message :)
RALLY TO KEEP DEAF EDUCATION PROGRAM AND ASL CLASSES AT MSU | Facebook
Thats awesome you're a part of that.

Thats awesome you're a part of that.

Thanks! We are really starting to gain momentum I think. Our facebook group itself has just hit the 2500 member mark. NAD has been posting and twittering about it as well. Someone told me that Marlee Matlin twittered something about it as well but I'm not sure. We were told that MSU decided to not close a Veterinary Tech. program because of overwhelming support from the country and the world, so hopefully we can achieve the same results!

This is the one time, and one time only, that I will support a Spartan. :D

Good luck!

Thanks!!! We had a pretty good turnout - couple hundred probably. A good amount of media too, couple news cameras, and newspapers. Hopefully this will help get the momentum moving. I've enclosed a letter that many of the speakers touched on. Its from Dean Ames of the College of Ed here at MSU, and is pretty disappointing in terms of how she views our program and its value. We have to remain optimistic that we have at least gotten the word out to a larger population through the rally and hopefully will get some better answers as a result....

MSU’s Rationale For Closing Deaf Ed Program The Deaf Edge

Back