Rainbow Six Vegas 2

Dr. Strangelove

Reaction score
I just got this yesterday and played a couple hours' worth of it. So much fun, so tactical, I feel like I'm in heaven. I played the original Vegas for 7 months nonstop, so I really like this type of game.

It is not like COD4. COD4 has too much aim assist and everyone is good in it, which is one of the reasons I disliked it. COD4's perks system probably did itself in for me. Too many cheap perks for it to be a balanced game. Vegas 2 is considerably slower than COD4, and I think I can attribute that to the cover ferature.

My gamertag is XDG Deaf Smith if any of you have the game and wish to play!

I just got this yesterday and played a couple hours' worth of it. So much fun, so tactical, I feel like I'm in heaven. I played the original Vegas for 7 months nonstop, so I really like this type of game.

It is not like COD4. COD4 has too much aim assist and everyone is good in it, which is one of the reasons I disliked it. COD4's perks system probably did itself in for me. Too many cheap perks for it to be a balanced game. Vegas 2 is considerably slower than COD4, and I think I can attribute that to the cover ferature.

My gamertag is XDG Deaf Smith if any of you have the game and wish to play!
I believe that RSV2 game is repeative from old RSV. But I acknowledged that some improves from RSV to RSV2

You are right. My thinking on this is 'If it aint broke, don't fix it'. RSV2 has some additions that really enchance gameplay, such as the abilty to sprint. It has saved me from dying from a gunfight or grenade many times already.

It really is a gme for Gold subscribers who play on XBL. If you don't plan playing online, I recommend it as a rental.

You are right. My thinking on this is 'If it aint broke, don't fix it'. RSV2 has some additions that really enchance gameplay, such as the abilty to sprint. It has saved me from dying from a gunfight or grenade many times already.

It really is a gme for Gold subscribers who play on XBL. If you don't plan playing online, I recommend it as a rental.
Yeah, Actually I never have own RSV since I beat RS series on xbox. RS series is tough game, like impossbile to beat it. anyway I am sure that will get RSV and RSV2 when my money is premission. I acknowledge those are excellent gameplayers without boring. smile

RSV2 improved story mode now is 2p plus 2 copmputer ai for a squad.
I want to look and find the original Rainbow Six on PC. Did you play it? I heard it is very deep and tactical, and must plan ahead in missions etc. I saw it for $5 Gold edition new at Ebay but I need to download Windows XP or Vista into my Mac so I can run orgiginal RS.

I want to look and find the original Rainbow Six on PC. Did you play it? I heard it is very deep and tactical, and must plan ahead in missions etc. I saw it for $5 Gold edition new at Ebay but I need to download Windows XP or Vista into my Mac so I can run orgiginal RS.

Beware of Intel GMA 950/X3100.

Please clarify. Would it be risky to put XP or Vista in my macbook? I am not very tech saavy. Thank you for your help.

No, it's not OS like Vista and XP.

I was means about too risky install RSV and any other latest 3-D games on laptop with Intel GMA 950 and X3100 since when they require ATI or GeForce to run this game, known as dedicated card. When after install so successfully, some games will reject to run or run so bad laggy, lockdown or freeze. Just check on requirement system.

To find about what video card that you using? Go to About This Mac then click "More info... and click "Graphics/Displays on left then you will find information.

Install XP or Vista are fine, nothing is wrong.

Any games that older than 2005 are capable to run with GMA 950/X3100.

Oh yea, (xbox) RS series owned me. I defeated RS series. Yes its very sharp tactical and AI.. it will make your frusrate, because of A.I.

What exactly is the gameplay like for R5V2?
RSV IS FPS. check site: WIKIPEDIA: RSV

tcr6vegas1750yu3.jpg

RainBow Six Vegas

RSV IS FPS. check site: WIKIPEDIA: RSV

tcr6vegas1750yu3.jpg

RainBow Six Vegas
So, the whole game is simply FPS? Is it a game with a linear storyline? Do you start the game with everything or is it like your typical FPS game where you start with a few weapons and eventually gain more weapons as you progress through the game? Is it a fast-paced game (like Unreal Tournament) or is it a slow-paced game (like Metal Gear Solid)?

So, the whole game is simply FPS? Yes you are correct! Is it a game with a linear storyline? Yes, of course it does, plus multiplayer online. Do you start the game with everything or is it like your typical FPS game where you start with a few weapons and eventually gain more weapons as you progress through the game? Yes, typical FPS game where it start with a few weapons and eventually gain more weapons Is it a fast-paced game (like Unreal Tournament) or is it a slow-paced game (like Metal Gear Solid)? its a somewhat fast-paced game (like COD). I honest with you this is more likely stealth.
Bold is an answer.

It is 90% FPS, but if you hold the L trigger near a wall or corner, you will go into 3rd person cover. That is what brings so much tactically that COD4 lacks. This cover feature is a good way to defend against people who like to 'run n gun' (running around corners and dropping people as soon as they see them EX: COD4).

It can be fast paced, it can be slow paced, it depends on the mode. In Team Deathmatch, the game is pretty fast, people are trying to score kills/points. In Objective gametypes, it is slower because you don't have an infinite amount of lives(excpet in TeamLeader and Total Conquest).

Bold is an answer.
Stealth? Cool... that's something I like. I'm a type of person who likes to take my time and be as quiet as I can. I don't want to be like Rambo where I run into a field like a gun-toting maniac blowing the brains out of every man out there. :roll:

If there are a few levels like that, then that's normal... but not all the time.

A good game I played recently was Black. That game involves you being quiet. There are parts of the game where you're facing lots of enemies and they know you're there, so there's no point in being quiet. So, just run out carefully and blow their brains out! ;)

If you aren't stealthy in the Multiplayer, Other 'Solid Snakes' will take you down in a heartbeat. One of my clan buddies is one of the best at being a stealthy Ninja. I used him in some clan matches and had him hide near the other team's spawn, and I ordered him to wait and let them pass before dropping down behind them and plowing them down. It worked effectively. Vegas allows for a myraid of different playing styles.
I'd rent or buy the first Vegas (should be $20 or so) and get an idea of the cover system and how it impacts gameplay. The new Vegas 2 is $60, and probably will be $60 through the summer unless you keep an eye out for sales/discounts.

I'm considering to get this game after get GTA IV.

What's difference on between 1st and 2nd?

I'm considering to get this game after get GTA IV.

What's difference on between 1st and 2nd?
Stealth? Cool... that's something I like. I'm a type of person who likes to take my time and be as quiet as I can. I don't want to be like Rambo where I run into a field like a gun-toting maniac blowing the brains out of every man out there. :roll:

If there are a few levels like that, then that's normal... but not all the time.

A good game I played recently was Black. That game involves you being quiet. There are parts of the game where you're facing lots of enemies and they know you're there, so there's no point in being quiet. So, just run out carefully and blow their brains out! ;)
Vamp, Ha Ha you are funny when you said about rambo.. RSV is more strategy and stealth like Splinter Cell and GRAW. it acts like deathmatch role. If you ran or something noise by tap, A.I. enemies will know you are there and suprass you around to kill you. Anyway awww I love Black. I done with Black mission for one day. Have you play Goldern eye?
Pacman, I suggest you, rent both which one of game is right for you before purchase it. but I advice you get both games.

Back