Radio Shack closing 1,100 stores

dereksbicycles

Reaction score
Radio Shack closing 1,100 stores - Mar. 4, 2014

Hey, when was the last time you visited Radio Shack? I can't remember the last time I visited. This will affect workers a lot more than customers. I got like 2 Best Buys within 1 mile from me. They're everywhere.

I hope that they get good severance pay.

They still will have 4,100 stores and on-line sales.

I went last year I think for a specific computer cord or something for my son. It was urgent so it was good to buy local.

Oh wow, my father used to bought a lot of electronics from Radio Shack in 80s and 90s, especially electronic piano toys and bought parts to repair the VCR and CRT TV.

We used to shop RS for parts. Now there are places on line available, as long as it's not an emergency, or something that has to be checked out in person.

In the 60's, my brother and I used to get parts from RS for our "projects." :)

We have a RS in my city and I bet it be closing as there is a Wal-Mart and Staple in New Hampshire New Hampshire and right next to door is a new Market Basket . It's really bad for businesses in my city being so close to tax free NH , it's a no brainer that people will drive 10 minutes to save $$$. NH stores loved it when Massauchettes sale taxes when up. Home Depot said it was great for them when I was shopping there.

Radio Shack closing 1,100 stores - Mar. 4, 2014

Hey, when was the last time you visited Radio Shack? I can't remember the last time I visited. This will affect workers a lot more than customers. I got like 2 Best Buys within 1 mile from me. They're everywhere.

I hope that they get good severance pay.

We have had a Radio Shack franchise for so long I am not sure when they opened. But Best Buy is not everywhere. We do not have one and have never had one. The fact that I am in a community of around 14-15,000 is probably part of it. The closest Best Buy is in the neighborhood of 45-50 miles away.

Radio Shack will still running to meet for anyone who need to make own assemble circuit stuff.

And... they just did a commercial during the Super Bowl! :crazy:

Back