Rachel from Oregon...

jollyrj

Reaction score
Glad I found this place! Place to relate... My name is Rachel and I'm 100% deaf in left ear and 75% in right - wear aid in right. Progressive hearing loss. They considered me "slow" when I was a child as they didn't automatically run hearing tests then. Have a good career. I stuggle all the time in social environments, meetings, on the phone, and have been the cause of laughter when I hear something wrong which is totally fine because I can laugh at myself. I do get frustrated though as I'm sure everyone hear can relate. Luckily I do have really really good friends who act as intrepters.

Well, allow me to be the first to say :welcome: to AllDeaf and I hope that you enjoy yourself here as much as I have. There are some really great people and I am sure you will make many friends here as well. :wave:

:wave:I just want to say hello and welcome to AD, I,m not deaf but I have enjoyed chatting with people here. Please feel free to stop by anytime and say hello and chat a bit, hope you enjoy your visits here and find some great friends, have a nice day!:cool2:

Back