R A I N B O W

how about a flam'n rainbow...that would make it more beautiful, colorful flames burned by colored ink? We need something new to replace the old rainbow symbol.....:)

Why?
What could be more beautiful than the way we see the world?
After an exhausting trip to the top, I never got Hah beat ya, beat ya, though I will show them strength one day.
We saw the sunset, the way the colors splashed itself across the skylike a naked whore, and my heart stops.
But ya know what? It keeps going on.
And by the way she got there first.

Oh Good Grief, Pls delete this, it hurt a lot

I know what you mean. I wish they never labeled the rainbow as a GLBT color system. I have no problem with people claiming yellow, pink, red, blue, green, white, etc... for their own pride for GLBT, breast cancer, patriots, Irish Pride, etc... but NOT the rainbow. The rainbow is all colors and that is like saying that the GLBT community dominates the color system. We don't need that. Because of this, lots of people have problems with using rainbows. I have one friend who is ashamed of hanging his Pink Floyd poster in public. It has a picture of a prism with a rainbow shining out of it. Every time he hangs it in public, everyone assumes he's gay. When I was little and people saw rainbows, they thought it was the most beautiful thing they ever saw. Now, if people see rainbows... they don't talk about it. Some of my friends and I used to collect rainbow stuff when we were little. I even used to have rainbow suspenders because of my favorite show, Mork & Mindy. Now, I'm not interested... because people say it's gay. People even say that Mork was gay on that show. He was acting like every other guy would in an 80s show. :roll: I have a few friends who are RAs in the dorms. They used to collect rainbow stuff, posters, pencils, paper, etc. Now, they are ashamed because when they are seen with the stuff, it makes people think that they're gay. No, I'm not talking about straight people. I'm talking about the GLBT community. The GLBT community takes it so seriously that they consider it as a label showing that person is gay. I don't need some gay guys hitting on me just because I'm wearing a rainbow-colored hat. If I tell them that I'm not gay, they then get mad at me for mocking their rainbow colors.

Rainbow Flay

I looked this up online and found:
The Alyson Almanac: A Treasury of Information for the Gay and Lesbian Community describes Rainbow Flag as follows:
In 1978, Gilbert Baker of San Francisco designed and made a flag with six stripes representing the six colors of the rainbow as a symbol of gay and lesbian community pride. Slowly the flag took hold, offering a colorful and optimistic alternative to the more common pink triangle symbol. Today it is recognized by the International Congress of Flag Makers, and is flown in lesbian and gay pride marches worldwide. In 1989, the rainbow flag received nationwide attention after John Stout successfully sued his landlords in West Hollywood, when they prohibited him from displaying the flag from his apartment balcony. Meanwhile, Baker is still in San Francisco, and still making more flags.
Baker designed a flag with eight stripes: pink, red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, and violet. According to Baker, those colors represented, respectively: sexuality, life, healing, sun, nature, art, harmony, and spirit. Baker dyed and sewed the material for the first flag himself - in the true spirit of Betsy Ross.
Hope This Helps,
Andee

WiAndee said:
I looked this up online and found:
The Alyson Almanac: A Treasury of Information for the Gay and Lesbian Community describes Rainbow Flag as follows:
In 1978, Gilbert Baker of San Francisco designed and made a flag with six stripes representing the six colors of the rainbow as a symbol of gay and lesbian community pride. Slowly the flag took hold, offering a colorful and optimistic alternative to the more common pink triangle symbol. Today it is recognized by the International Congress of Flag Makers, and is flown in lesbian and gay pride marches worldwide. In 1989, the rainbow flag received nationwide attention after John Stout successfully sued his landlords in West Hollywood, when they prohibited him from displaying the flag from his apartment balcony. Meanwhile, Baker is still in San Francisco, and still making more flags.
Baker designed a flag with eight stripes: pink, red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, and violet. According to Baker, those colors represented, respectively: sexuality, life, healing, sun, nature, art, harmony, and spirit. Baker dyed and sewed the material for the first flag himself - in the true spirit of Betsy Ross.
Hope This Helps,
Andee

((gasp)) I know you i know you.. hahaha

WELCOME TO ALLDEAF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I Like Rainbow I Think It Beautiful Colors I Have Bed Sheets Tied Dyed Rainbow N Sticker On My Truck Window Dog Paw Rainbow Here My Fave Pic Of Rnbw W/ Wolf Awrooooooooooo

Attachments

• RNBWHOWLWOLF.jpg
    RNBWHOWLWOLF.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 0
That is so sad that I can't use Rainbow anymore.
One time, I used a Rainbow font or Rainbow for my
expression for IM... people asked if I am gay
and people namecalling me f words.

And it is sad that children can't even have Rainbow
clothes or in bedroom....

Why use Rainbow, why not use yellow or orange or purple
or come up with other symbol?

:(

Back