quote within a quote

tuatara

pro-water
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sometimes when I quote someone who has quoted someone else, and the clarity of their comment depends on the post they were responding to, I want to do a quote within a quote. Is there a way to do that using features on the forum? Or do I need to copy and paste the currently quoted text?

Use the multi quote icon and quote them in order.

Sometimes when I quote someone who has quoted someone else, and the clarity of their comment depends on the post they were responding to, I want to do a quote within a quote. Is there a way to do that using features on the forum? Or do I need to copy and paste the currently quoted text?

Use the multi quote icon and quote them in order.

Thank you Bott!

(also, clearly, "test".)

yes it can be done and you can copy/paste and split some quotes LIke the [quote ..name,,] and another with endings for quotes with [quotes],,,
Jiro does this alot too

I remember the early days of AllDeaf when you could quote a quote... over and over. It got to a point where it was severly abused. Here's an example:

VamPyroX said:
No problem! You're welcome! Enjoy! :wave:
Ben Dover said:
Ooh... awesome! I'll have to check those out! Thanks! :thumb:
VamPyroX said:
  • Star Wars - Episode I: The Phantom Menace
  • Star Wars - Episode II: Attack of the Clones
  • Star Wars - Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
  • Star Wars - Episode IV: A New Hope
  • Star Wars - Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back
  • Star Wars - Episode VI: Return of the Jedi
Ben Dover said:
Really? That's news to me! What are the other episodes called?
VamPyroX said:
Yeah. The movie you saw is actually the 3rd episode. There are 6 episodes total.
Ben Dover said:
Huh? Other 5 episodes?
VamPyroX said:
Yeah, it's a good movie. Did you see the other 5 episodes?
Ben Dover said:
I saw Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith last week. I thought it was good, but it was a bit hard to understand.

When you quoted someone, everything in that quote (including previous quotes) would be included. This feature was later fixed when AllDeaf upgraded to vBulletin. When you quoted someone, it only quoted that particular person... not the quote that was within that quote. :)

Back