quiet_storm's intro

quiet_storm

Reaction score
Hi! :wave:

I'm a graduate student who is hard of hearing; I've been mainstreamed my whole life. I'm in the Bay Area and love the outdoors. I turn 30 next month and I can't wait. I'm primarily oral, but have a deep respect for ASL and when I don't have 6 classes going on, I hope to work on my ASL more in hopes of actually learning the language! Though I use spoken language, but honestly consider myself to think more like a Deaf person than a hearing person, from a cultural standpoint- my views are very different than my those of my hearing family's because of the very nature of my hearing status. :cool2:

I'm also working on my Master's Thesis Project, which is exploring parents' perceptions and experiences of public school deaf/hard of hearing early education programs (early intervention and preschool). I posted a letter about it in the Parenting and Education folders, so if you're inclined once my post(s) get approved, please check it out!

Otherwise, looking forward to meeting people on here.

Hi! I am also a HoH graduate student in the Bay Area! I am learning sign but am not very skilled at it yet- it can be very hard to learn when you are really busy! Your studies sound interesting! Welcome!

Hi! I am also a HoH graduate student in the Bay Area! I am learning sign but am not very skilled at it yet- it can be very hard to learn when you are really busy! Your studies sound interesting! Welcome!

I'm in the same boat. Learning sign, not very skilled at it YET. Ditto on the hard to learn when you are really busy part. Life will change after graduate school! Thanks for the welcome!

Back