Questions: How do you feel about Captioning?

Scorpio

Reaction score
What do some of you guys feel about using captioning services? Are you happy with the different organisations and what they offer [eg, in terms of their policy, mission statements, what they determine to offer etc]- an example is The Captioning Studio -if anyone of you guys would have specifically used this organisation and can apply the questions to it, it would be an awesome co-incidence ;-)
If not, if you can answer the above in general, it will be just as good ;-)

Secondly, are there any past or current issues for this community in regard to the need for such a service?

Your answers are highly valued- my friends and I are currently putting this together in a research report / presentation - so the more detail you all can provide regarding the above two questions the better :cool2:

Regards,

James, Debra, and Dale

We use www.ccmaker.com

What did you mean? Getting non-captioned materials captioned? Or something else entirely?

Yes, that is one question i am asking.

Just in general.

For example, if you were at a presentation and you had captioning services provided for you. Or, you were at University or school, and you had a captioning service relayed to a software program on your computer to which you received the messages.

What do some of you guys feel about using captioning services? Are you happy with the different organisations and what they offer [eg, in terms of their policy, mission statements, what they determine to offer etc]- an example is The Captioning Studio -if anyone of you guys would have specifically used this organisation and can apply the questions to it, it would be an awesome co-incidence ;-)
If not, if you can answer the above in general, it will be just as good ;-)

Secondly, are there any past or current issues for this community in regard to the need for such a service?

Your answers are highly valued- my friends and I are currently putting this together in a research report / presentation - so the more detail you all can provide regarding the above two questions the better :cool2:

Regards,

James, Debra, and Dale

I go to town meetings and have trouble hearing everything . I do not know sign lanuage so an interpreter would not help me. I been trying to get the city hall to have visual aids for me. If I had this I would go to more town meetings. I should made some phone calls and see if the city have to get me some visual aids . I have a feeling I will be told the city can't afford to do this!

Thanks for the feed back :)

Anyone else care to provide some valuable information/opinions?

Regards,

James

Anyone else? This assignment is due very soon. Damn, i suppose there are more interesting things to talk about on this forum, hence the lack of replies. :)

Back