Questions for ladies here..

MilitaryGirl83

Reaction score
How much your wedding dresses costs? And where did you get it from? What kind was it or post a picture if you would like to. :) :popcorn:

I bought my dress for $25 (1970s dollars) at a local department store. It was just a dress, not a gown. :)

*meh* I don't want to get married in a dress...I HATE dresses.....I'd rather have a justice of the peace ceremony and THEN have a HUGE party afterwards!

:) I bought my wedding dress back in 1978, I purchased it at a bridal store called Brides Showcase. It cost me 1,500.

I bought a white cotton gown from the 'Laura Ashley' store in 1985, it cost about $200. It was a really beautiful and comfortable cotton gown.

My step mother made my wedding dress, it was the most beauitful dress I ever owned!..If I ever get married again, I would ask my step mom to do it for me!

Well when I was married with second. I had long veil with long dress worth about 1,500 dollars by my parents at wedding shop...

I cannot answer that question cuz I was never married yet. :giggle:

My bad this thread wasn't for me. *tickle Sarah*

Bought my favorite wedding dress at David's Bridal for $600 in year 2000 for my June 2001 wedding. :)

Attachments

• scan0119z.jpg
    scan0119z.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 37
  • scan0122z.jpg
    scan0122z.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 35
Katzie said:
Bought my favorite wedding dress at David's Bridal for $600 in year 2000 for my June 2001 wedding. :)

Awwww.. That is one of the drop-dead beauitful wedding dress! I lovveee it!

You sure look hot in it. (Keeping the men away from Katzie) :laugh2:

Katzie said:

Wow, I love that dress so much. I like the lace on the sheelves. I need to take my dress for the aleration to adjust the fit right. It is too big for my chest.

Cheri said:
Awwww.. That is one of the drop-dead beauitful wedding dress! I lovveee it!

You sure look hot in it. (Keeping the men away from Katzie) :laugh2:
:ty: :ty: I pulled out 3 dresses to try on and this dress was my 2nd! Glad I didn't spend an entire year searching for a perfect dress like some women do. :Ohno: It was just pure dumb luck! The Boston Editor was there that day kept making comments about my dress then all the customers peeked with curiousity. I felt like my face was on fire! Then the Boston Editor said, "It is the most beautiful dress I've ever seen and it looks so perfect on you!" Everyone nodded in agreement. That made me smile and I yelled, "Mom! I'm keeping this dress!" :lol:

My hubby is the luckiest man in the world and he knows it. ;)

Sabrina said:
Wow, I love that dress so much. I like the lace on the sheelves. I need to take my dress for the aleration to adjust the fit right. It is too big for my chest.
Yesss, that's why I picked that dress. The laces are amazing! I can tell that the designer spent many hours making that dress. Even though it was hot in June, but the laces really kept my arms cool. I had to try on my wedding dress 3 times in 1 year because I kept losing weight. The taylor I think she's Russian or Italian pushed my boobies up, then she asked, "What happened?!" I'm like :ugh: then :wtf: touching my boobies for?! She said, "you lose weight! no no! more is good!" I practically laughed my ass off when she said that. Though at the end my dress fit perfectly on me and I made sure I didn't lose anymore weight. :giggle:

I can't wait to see you and of course with your beautiful wedding dress! I can imagine you're gonna look radiant and gorgeous!! :dance2:

Katzie said:
Yesss, that's why I picked that dress. The laces are amazing! I can tell that the designer spent many hours making that dress. Even though it was hot in June, but the laces really kept my arms cool. I had to try on my wedding dress 3 times in 1 year because I kept losing weight. The taylor I think she's Russian or Italian pushed my boobies up, then she asked, "What happened?!" I'm like :ugh: then :wtf: touching my boobies for?! She said, "you lose weight! no no! more is good!" I practically laughed my ass off when she said that. Though at the end my dress fit perfectly on me and I made sure I didn't lose anymore weight. :giggle:

I can't wait to see you and of course with your beautiful wedding dress! I can imagine you're gonna look radiant and gorgeous!! :dance2:

I have been struggle to lose weight. :cry: I work 80 hrs a week, it seems impossible for me to focus on myself.

Katzie, that dress is simply gorgeous and it suits you to the tee.

As for me, I have no idea what dress I'd like, but what I do know is I don't want a froufrou dress.

My first wedding dress was in white with long sleve and have a v-shaped on my back cost me $650 in 1988. My second one was 2 piece dress in red cost me $110 in 1993. If I ever get marry again then I would want to wear western wedding dress.

Sabrina said:
I have been struggle to lose weight. :cry: I work 80 hrs a week, it seems impossible for me to focus on myself.
I think because you are under a lot of stress between jobs and planning your wedding. I've been there!

LINK: Stress: The Hidden Factor For Weight Gain

By the way, as far as wedding goes, no matter what sizes you are - you are beautiful, period. Don't kill yourself over this. You're suppose to be happy and enjoy your special day.

+++ Positive thoughts! +++

Back