Questions for Deaf Parents

nikkijoon

Reaction score
Hello All,

I have some questions for you, as I am doing some research on improving a product, particularly for parents who are deaf or hard of hearing.

I would truly appreciate it if you could take the time in answering some of these questions.

1) How do you find out if your baby is crying if you are not with the baby or watching the baby?
2) How do you know if someone is ringing the door bell?
3) How do you know if someone is calling your home phone?
4) How do you know if your smoke alarm is activated?
5) Do you sleep with your new born baby at nights?
6) How do you know if your baby is crying while you are asleep?
7) Do you use any baby monitoring devices? If yes, how do they work?
8) Is it important for you to find out when your baby is crying when you are at work or away from home?

Many thanks!!

look at places that sell products for deaf not only in States uk do same or similar,deaf charty's etc..last question is odd as that apply to any parent

I am a Deaf parent. I am interested in getting something from you if i can answer to your questions. I have two hearing kids. :D

last question of your #8, you are crazy, we don't leave our babies at home while we are off to work. you silly!!

j/k, of course babysitter or care taker will let us know through our phone.

Amazing how clueless hearing people out there about how we adapt to our deafness.

THINK VISUAL VISUAL...that's how we get through our lives.

Hello All,

8) Is it important for you to find out when your baby is crying when you are at work or away from home?

Many thanks!!

No way! If I am away, the baby can just cry all it wants! :eek3:

smh

What are you talking about? :lol: We already have the products to aid us.

Welcome to Harris Communications Hearing Loss, Deaf, Sign Language Products - Alarm Clocks for Deaf, Products for Hard of Hearing

I am puzzled about the last question. A baby is not supposed to be home alone.

Yeah that is child neglect and you will end up in jail and having your baby taken away from you. I did not read all the questions b/c I was like WTF on the fourths and thought this can't be for real.

What are you talking about? :lol: We already have the products to aid us.

Welcome to Harris Communications Hearing Loss, Deaf, Sign Language Products - Alarm Clocks for Deaf, Products for Hard of Hearing

I am puzzled about the last question. A baby is not supposed to be home alone.

Yeah that is child neglect and you will end up in jail and having your baby taken away from you.

Could that last question be about demand for a portable monitor that would not have to be plugged in but be battery operated to flash or vibrate?

Could that last question be about demand for a portable monitor that would not have to be plugged in but be battery operated to flash or vibrate?
No, hearing parents don't get a warning when their baby's crying at home with a babysitter present or the baby's stay-at-home mom or dad. Do they? If not, why should it be important to bother me at work because I am deaf? What a turn-off!

Amazing how clueless hearing people out there about how we adapt to our deafness.

THINK VISUAL VISUAL...that's how we get through our lives.

Added to that is devices to help us cope with baby crying and other noises that we can not hear.

For the phone, we have to use relay service (TDD) or VP (videophone) to get across to a deaf person from the babysitter or housekeeper.

To The OPS. You made only one post and you are giving us questions that you don't know about. You should read all the threads here on AllDeaf Forum.

We know that you are a student, letting us giving your assignments. Pffft. **shaking my head**

Back