Questions (cleaning molds and tubing)

YodaDog

Reaction score
So I've finally gotten a pair of HAs and molds which work - hopefully now I'll actually be able to hear in class this year without having to struggle to follow conversations! Still being quite new to this, I've got a few quick questions that if anyone could answer, I'd really appreciate! I'll slowly be posting them one by one as they come up I suppose..

How do I clean the earmolds? I assume that I'd have to take them off of the tubing, but it seems to be attached to the molds quite tightly. I assume that this also means that instead of changing my own tubing, I'll have to go back to my audio. each time I need this done??

Im surprised your Audi didn't discuss these questions with you. I use soap and water to clean the molds, do not detach the mold from the tube. Clean the mold off not the tubes when the tubes need changed your audi will do that for you. Id ask your audi also what kind of servicing comes with your new HAs, otherwise they can charge you for cleanings, tube replacements and other things such as adjustments.

My audi told me to wipe the aids with a soft cloth, wipe the molds with mild soap and water or a vinegar and water dampened cloth. She also gave me small tools to clean the tubes and vents. At night I put them into a dry and store dryer. Your audi may have slightly different instructions for your aids.

I like peroxide. And I change my own tubes. It isn't difficult.

Im surprised your Audi didn't discuss these questions with you. I use soap and water to clean the molds, do not detach the mold from the tube. Clean the mold off not the tubes when the tubes need changed your audi will do that for you. Id ask your audi also what kind of servicing comes with your new HAs, otherwise they can charge you for cleanings, tube replacements and other things such as adjustments.

I use soap and water too... you detach the tubes from the HA's themselves... then I soak them in antibacterial soap (pref one with no perfumes) for about 20 minutes, then you can use something like this http://www.walgreens.com/store/c/gum-go-betweens-proxabrush-cleaners/ID=prod6016320-product to clean the vents, and wash them out with clean water from the tap, then blow them out with http://www.walgreens.com/store/c/acu-life-hearing-aid-air-blower/ID=prod3984940-product and let them sit over night. Before you re-attach them blow them out again. As for the the aids themselves, you can use baby wipes to clean them up... but you want to be sure not to get them wet unless they are water resistant. (not sure what brand you got) You also need to be sure you know how to change the filters (hopefully your audi gave you some, if not they might charge you for changing them)

I'm not a he, and I figure that I have to learn how to re-tube myself anyways. So how do I disconnect and re-connect the tubing? Haha.. I'm sure once I do it the first time, I can do it easily after again when I need to. I also do know of the services provided with my ha's, but the earmolds and tubing are not included.

I'm not a he, and I figure that I have to learn how to re-tube myself anyways. So how do I disconnect and re-connect the tubing? Haha.. I'm sure once I do it the first time, I can do it easily after again when I need to. I also do know of the services provided with my ha's, but the earmolds and tubing are not included.

These are the normal tubes that go over the hook and not the new thin tubes?

You just hold the hook and pull the tube off carefully so you don't break anything. And you can buy a tube puller to remove it from the mold.

Tubes come prebent and have a pointed end for insertion into the mold and then you trim for length. It can get more complicated depending on what tubing and how you do it, but you can buy all the tools . Maybe look for a tutorial online.
Here is a link to a catalog online where you can buy all you need.

Online Catalog

Maam.. :lol: Sorry we thought you were a he. :wave:

you can buy a tube puller to remove it from the mold.

I find the tubing comes out of the moulds easier if you put your tubes and moulds under hot water for a couple of minutes before pulling the tubing out. Make sure you detach your HAs first though!

Hahaha, thanks :) I just don't know what size tubing to purchase and hope that I can get the tubing into the molds all the way. I guess it'll be a try it yourself of go back to the audio. kind of situation!

audi told me agree clean up reason careful on hearing aid because dirty inside on my hearing aid because cloth special something, Don't be wet on hearing aid I am first time surprised :)

Back