questions about Sidekick

DeafSCUBA98

Reaction score
I dunno if this is repost.. but i'm gonna ask serveral questions about sidekick...

MOD: if this is repost please move it to proper thread...

I'm wondering if there's a way for Hearing people to call through sidekick instead of me having to call them..

DeafSCUBA98 said:
I dunno if this is repost.. but i'm gonna ask serveral questions about sidekick...

MOD: if this is repost please move it to proper thread...

I'm wondering if there's a way for Hearing people to call through sidekick instead of me having to call them..

yes, plug 2.5mm headset from sidekick to tiny TDD. That way hearing will able to use their own tdd or use relay service to call direct to sidekick with voice plan.

hmmm not sure I understand that??? Can you use a sidekick to text someone that has a tty

well my point is.. is there any way for a hearing person to call me on my sidekick.. just like those hearies whose have a cellphone that can recieve calls.. same thing as my question i mention about myself recieving calls from Hearing people using relay..

Clear? hope so :-/

and BBNT.. i'm not sure how to do that toward a tty.. i heard there's a way but not sure how.. i just recieved my sidekick few weeks ago.

DeafSCUBA98 said:
well my point is.. is there any way for a hearing person to call me on my sidekick.. just like those hearies whose have a cellphone that can recieve calls.. same thing as my question i mention about myself recieving calls from Hearing people using relay..

and BBNT.. i'm not sure how to do that toward a tty.. i heard there's a way but not sure how.. i just recieved my sidekick few weeks ago.

answer is no.. I know what you mean.. it seems we call them thru relay not them calling us back thru relay.. I think the sidekick isn't ready for that kind of recieving relay, I surely hope that they are working on it too :)

Yes hearing can call you if you understand them :) but not with relay :dunno:

DeafSCUBA98 said:

Scuba, i'll ask the tmoble guy my company deals with and see if there is anything like what your asking.

I use my Cell phone to text my daughter who has a sidekick. I can also contact her sidekick using my computer

Ip-Relay or Sidekick?

I've been trying to work with the Ip-Relay on the SideKick, but it's too difficult for me. And why should it be used at all, since the AOL, Instant Messages and Email are there? It's time to use better ways of communicating, and not getting confused.

activemode said:
I've been trying to work with the Ip-Relay on the SideKick, but it's too difficult for me. And why should it be used at all, since the AOL, Instant Messages and Email are there? It's time to use better ways of communicating, and not getting confused.

Go to www.Ip-Relay.com, They will tell you how to install a ip relay on your sk.. they has already given you a step pictures to show you how..

activemode said:

You are not only one.. few of my friends tried to work with Ip-Relay on their sidekicks.. it didnt work out...

Back