question

mandi

Reaction score
What's private messages? is it like email thingy only on alldeaf? Also why am I not able to check or have it set up? Just wondering...BTW, I am new here on alldeaf... any suggestion???

You have to have so many post counts. I am not sure the exact amount.

Then it will unlock your PM feature.

I see you only have 9 posts. You need 41 more posts, and then you can PM ad'ers or they can PM you. :)

Oh, no wonder.... I wasn't aware of that part!! Yikes! I guess I only posed less than 20 today....which will surely pass along as time goes by... it is alright.

where are you from, babyblue? I see that you are from FL but what part? I hailed from Miami, FL and I still consider it my home state bec of how long I've stayed there the most of all places I have been at throughout my life!

Welcome to AllDeaf! :thumb:

Private Messages (or as we call them... PMs) are like AllDeaf's version of online e-mails. You send messages to other members in AllDeaf and they will read it when they're signed on. If they aren't signed on, your message will sit in their mailbox until they sign on and read it.

We usually call them PMs.

"Check your PM."
"Send me a PM."
"I sent you a PM."
"Did you get my PM?"
"Wow, I got a lot of PMs when I signed on this morning!"

When you first register, PMs will be turned off. It will automatically turn on when you reach 100 posts. No, that doesn't mean you should immediately make 100 meaningless posts.

There are a lot of topics here in AllDeaf. So, you won't run out of things to say. You're bound to get 100 posts within a few days. :thumb:

Back