Question

dracotkk

Reaction score
Hi, I'm Matt, nice to meet yall. First post, so here goes! Do we ever truely know, if Hard of Hearing, or Deafness is genetic for a person or not? I'm 18, i got a while to wait on that issue.

On a side note... I need to find the introductions page, if any. o_o

Cya Around, Matt.

dracotkk said:
Hi, I'm Matt, nice to meet yall. First post, so here goes! Do we ever truely know, if Hard of Hearing, or Deafness is genetic for a person or not? I'm 18, i got a while to wait on that issue.

On a side note... I need to find the introductions page, if any. o_o

Cya Around, Matt.

For some people deafness is genetic, it runs in the family..but for others, it's for some other medical reason, etc...I am deaf but not through genetics, I just had too many ear infections my first year of life. And the infections went undetected by my doctors, they all though my crying was due to my stomach not agreeing with any formula or breast milk, they realized I could not hear when I was a year old.

I was born with my hearing loss. (mild-moderate in left ear (wear hearing aid), and severe-severe in right ear(not much point in a hearing aid in that ear in my opinion.)) Wow... response time is pretty fast in this place.

Back