Question

Never heard of anyone with both ears on the wheel before. How would deafness effect a person's ability to drive?

31 out of 93 national deaf organizations said that in their country Deaf people are not allowed to obtain a driver's license?!?! :mad2:

Sad isn't it.

But doesn't surprise me. Some countries in the world are even further behind than first world countries when it comes to the rights of all disabled people and how they're treated (wouldn't surprise me if LGBT rights were non-existent in those 31 countries too).

31 out of 93 national deaf organizations said that in their country Deaf people are not allowed to obtain a driver's license?!?! :mad2:
I agree ! Some jerk just cut me on off today , they were in a parking lot and I was on the road driving the speed limit which was 50MPH . The jerk didn't want to wait so they risk cutting me off . It's a good thing I still have good reflex for my age and that I don't speed that . So how the hell do deaf people get work college and do their errands or bring their kids to the doctors ???!!!

So how the hell do deaf people get work college and do their errands or bring their kids to the doctors ???!!!

Well, there is the bus, and other family/friends who can drive them. I know it doesn't seem fair, but if it's an existing law that's been around for a long time, deaf people in those countries have probably found ways to adapt by now.

Japan finally permit deaf people to obtain a driver's license. That's great.

CDL versus regular driver's license. I had a commercial driver's license before I began to lose my hearing, but I was able to renew it during the twenty years of progressively worse HOH.

However, in 2001 when I became totally deaf, I was denied renewal of my long-standing CDL strictly on the basis of being deaf. I could still have a regular driver's license, but no longer could have the commercial, even though I had the need for it to do my job.

Perhaps it's different now, but fifteen years ago, it was audists at work in the licensing bureau. :crazy:

Very good question.. I have no idea when it become legalized for Deaf people to drive their cars in USA.

CDL versus regular driver's license. I had a commercial driver's license before I began to lose my hearing, but I was able to renew it during the twenty years of progressively worse HOH.

However, in 2001 when I became totally deaf, I was denied renewal of my long-standing CDL strictly on the basis of being deaf. I could still have a regular driver's license, but no longer could have the commercial, even though I had the need for it to do my job.

Perhaps it's different now, but fifteen years ago, it was audists at work in the licensing bureau. :crazy:
My friend is totally deaf. He is in training for CDL license. Licensing bureau is flexible now. I am sorry that this happened to you!

My PTSD has been stable most of time so quit being nonsense about my mental health condition.

AD forum has nothing with PTSD, it is mainly about my families and other situation.

Some of us have problem with WDYS, so do not getting involve with us, or you could be in trouble.
I don't care u have mental act bylaw Doctor permission attorney I am nothing choice

Back