question to all parents

SpiceHD

Reaction score
did anybody did not wake up to baby crying or did not wake up in time and something happened? share your story here please?

someone told me this story... she took a nap and did not wake up on time and her son somehow managed to walk out of the house to play. thankfully her neighbor recognized the baby and took him back to her.

another story was when the toddler is used to routine of going to daycare but didnt know the days... it was saturday so no daycare on that day. both parents were still sleeping while the toddler got dressed and walked all way to daycare. thankfully police found him and drove him back home.

share yours?

I installed a slide lock on the top of the exterior doors. For the sliding glass door, I installed a pin up high. I also had an alarm that signaled when someone can in or out. Neither of my kids ever escaped. I recommend those locks because they work.

I once intercepted a wayward toddler who had escaped from a house down the street. He had a garage door opener and said that he was going to the mall. When I took him home, the mother was locked in a bedroom and had no idea that he had escaped. Weird.

Why not put the baby in ur bedroom if you are taking a nap? Lock the door from the inside....OR nap in the babies room, lock the door...

I have no sympathy for any parent that have children and they take "naps" without making sure the child cannot leave the room and the room is child-proof!

One time, I was coming around a curve, and a baby with diapers on was crossing the road....I took the baby back to the 1st house to see if it were the right parents....it was!...But I had to knock and knock (very loudly)! before the mother came to the door, half asleep and irritated!

She was "lucky", very lucky! that I did not call the police, or take the baby to the police station!

She got a piece of my mind, and it wasn't pleasant! Never leave a baby alone while you take "a nap"!. They are dependent upon you! And "no matter" how the child was able to get out of the house....it's still the parents fault.

My daughter got out of the house while I was doing the laundry. Luckily, my house in AZ had a fenced in front porch but she had no shoes on so she got 2nd degree burns on the soles of her feet from the pavement. It was in the middle of the afternoon on one hot August day...probably was over 110 degrees that day. Poor thing.

If someone wants to call me a bad mother because of that..then many others are bad mothers.

Every mom has an incident where the toddler gets away from her briefly. I freaked out when I lost one of my kids in a small boutique store. He saw something he was interested in and wandered off. I found him sitting quietly playing. He was unimpressed with my panic. LOL!

Now, having a kid wandering down the road, that's a whole different issue.

Yep, mine escaped from a fenced in back yard with a locked gate! Phone rang, stepped inside to grab it, he scaled a chain link fence!

My Daughter and I both laid down in my bed to take a nap. Of course she woke up before I did. She went in the bathroom climbed on the toilet lid and then the sink to gain access to the medicine cabinet. She opened up a Child proofed Children s Tylenol and downed the grape flavored medication. She woke me up wanting more candy. I was confused then I saw the bottle she held up to me. I flew out of bed and called the poison control. Took her to the ER as they suggested. They gave her the charcoal treatment. Thank goodness she ended up being OK.

Babyblue, that's scary. Glad that she was ok.

A kid who can scale a chain link fence has real possibilities! Spy? Stunt man? Athlete? Broadway dancer? So many options. . .

Babyblue, that's scary. Glad that she was ok.

A kid who can scale a chain link fence has real possibilities! Spy? Stunt man? Athlete? Broadway dancer? So many options. . .

I expected him to be the next Spiderman the way he could climb! Nope, just your average soccer playing student that just graduated college and is making plans for grad school.:lol:

Yep, mine escaped from a fenced in back yard with a locked gate! Phone rang, stepped inside to grab it, he scaled a chain link fence!

Actually, my daughter did that when she was like 2 and she ended up bawling on top of the fence unable to move. I turned around to turn the meat cooking on the grill and zoom she went up the fence. Thank god, she didnt let go cuz the ground was concrete.

Those toddler years are FRIGHTENING!!!!

My daughter got out of the house while I was doing the laundry. Luckily, my house in AZ had a fenced in front porch but she had no shoes on so she got 2nd degree burns on the soles of her feet from the pavement. It was in the middle of the afternoon on one hot August day...probably was over 110 degrees that day. Poor thing.

If someone wants to call me a bad mother because of that..then many others are bad mothers.

:shock: I didn't think that was possible.

Two incidents. My older daughter got her leg wedged in the bars of the crib and her leg swelled. We thought my husband could hear if a baby cried, but turned out he could not.

The second incident, I went to the store, my husband dozed off and my daughter at 11 months opened a locked door and walked down the drive. A neighbor saw her and caught her and brought her back before she reached the street.

I remember being lost in the mall when I was 5 yrs old. One of the scariest moments in my life.

Actually, my daughter did that when she was like 2 and she ended up bawling on top of the fence unable to move. I turned around to turn the meat cooking on the grill and zoom she went up the fence. Thank god, she didnt let go cuz the ground was concrete.

Those toddler years are FRIGHTENING!!!!

Yeah, my son was about 2 1/2 when he did it. He made it all the way to the ground on the other side...grass, thankfully! He was such a monkey when he was a toddler. When he was about 2, he figured out how to pull out the drawers in the kitchen to make a ladder so he could reach the cookie jar!:lol:

Very young children are very curious and want to try out new adventures, but that is scary when kids are doing this. So just be glad that grown up Semaratins (not sure of spelling) who saved our children from dangerous areas that the kids did not know it is dangerous without an adults with them. You just can not keep on eye on kids everytime we turn our back. It is a 24 hours and seven days a week. It is exhausting. There is nothing we can do to keep them from happening. Thank God, they are alive. :shock:

Why not put the baby in ur bedroom if you are taking a nap? Lock the door from the inside....OR nap in the babies room, lock the door...

I have no sympathy for any parent that have children and they take "naps" without making sure the child cannot leave the room and the room is child-proof!

One time, I was coming around a curve, and a baby with diapers on was crossing the road....I took the baby back to the 1st house to see if it were the right parents....it was!...But I had to knock and knock (very loudly)! before the mother came to the door, half asleep and irritated!

She was "lucky", very lucky! that I did not call the police, or take the baby to the police station!

She got a piece of my mind, and it wasn't pleasant! Never leave a baby alone while you take "a nap"!. They are dependent upon you! And "no matter" how the child was able to get out of the house....it's still the parents fault.

i assume u dont have any children yourself from the way you talk... i take nap when my baby take a nap.... because i dont get much sleep everyday. im sure every other moms would say same thing. dads too. the trouble is we never know if baby will wake up 20 min later or a hour later. i know i usually prays for a hour nap not 20 min lol. I do put my son in crib when he takes a nap... however there are several times he managed to get out of crib all by himself. and i would never ever lock the door. EVER! reason is if there is a fire... i would not want to find myself unable to open door or my son unable to open door and die. no way. Add more locks on entrance doors or porch doors is what i would go for, but not bedroom doors or bathroom doors. if i try to put my son in my bedroom while i take a nap... he will not go sleep and instead he will attempt to get out and explore.

i feel bad for this mother u yelled at... i imagine she was completely exhausted and was trying to grab every sleep she could get. i bet you she did not realize her child has figured out a way to get out. and to have someone yell at her for being lousy mother isnt the way to go... it just hurts like heck and doesnt help at all with her ability to be a mother. not everyone is born to be a parent... in fact.. ALL of us need to be trained to be one lol. some of us learned a lot quicker than others. you would be truly amazed at how such a small child can do. my son can unlock porch door, can open doors, can climb just anywhere and he is not even 2 years old yet.

i recommend you to reserve any judgements on parenthood till you have become one yourself and has took care of your child for more than 5 years 24/7. thank you.

When my son was almost 2 yrs old he have managed to climb over the wooden fence to get out to explore and my neighbor got him for me. How the heck he get out well, He use something to climb up to reach the door knob on the other side of the fence to open it. Then I put away anything that he can climb up and lower the door knob but guess what he managed to climb over with another thing and got nice strach on his legs. well then I put away everything that he manged to climb over. Oh boy I told him about it and he laughed and thought it was cool. :roll:

Other time that he was in the bedroom and I was in the bathroom. He managed to lock himself in the bedroom. I came out of the bathroom and going in the bedroom but couldnt. I banged on the door and windows to tell him to unlock the door. All he did was look at me and go huh and play with his toy. So I ended up call a deaf roommate who was at the hospital with his exg who had a baby at that time. He came home and open the door which he had a extra key to it and put the extra key on the wall in case if it happened again.

Yea it happened but knowing that you have to know where they are.

Another time my roommate went out with my exh and the mother was sleepy and her daughter crawled into my bedroom. I asked my stepdaughter to go get the mother. She came back and told me that she was sleepy. I was pissed. I waited til my roommate come home and I told him what happened. Of course I had to change the baby clothes cuz it is so filthy from food all over it.

Another time, I was with my exh in a different house. My exh was at work and I was at home watching tv while my son was napping. I heard a strange noise so I went upstairs and find my exfriend's 2 kids arguing with each other. I said what is going on. They pointed in the kitchen so I went in and found my exfriend's austim son sitting in the sink playing and found my exh coffee pot on the floor broken into pieces. So I asked the girls where their mother is and again they pointed at the bedroom. So I went in and saw her sleeping on her bed. Sure I was pissed and shake her like hell and told her to follow me. As she was following me and she almost fell to the floor. I had to laughed but didnt show it to her. Then I pointed the kitchen and she was shocked. I said to her what was she thinking to take a nap and her son not. HUH!!!! She said she tought he was taking a nap. The next time she locked the door so she can keep him in there so she can take a nap. Oh brother

That has happened to me too, once.

It freaked me out big time because since my oldest is autistic. He has no means of knowing how to tell someone who he is, what's his address, what's his parents name are, etc.

It was a miscommuncation that occurred because we were at the grandparent's house. I had told the grandmother that I was going to the restroom and needed her to watch him for a minute. So, naturally, I thought it was ok with her because she was occupied with something else at the time and I went to the restroom. After I came out of the restroom, I asked her where he was at. She said "I thought he was with you." I said "No, I went to the restroom and thought he was with you."

So, we both immediately started to look around for him everywhere in the house and could not find him. At one point, I saw the front door being opened. I thought "Omg, he went out" and immediately went outside to start looking for him. When I was outside, the neighbor walked back with him and said that he went into her house.

Luckily, my son went to the neighbor's house because the neighbor happens to be his teacher. Thank god the neighbor knew who he was and I explained to her what happened. She understood of the situation. I have never felt so scared until that evening. It was such a relief.

Oh and yeah, the kids have climbed out of their cribs several times but I've always made sure there are extra latches on the doors way high up just so that way they won't be able to "escape".

hearing or not, just about everyone don't wake up to sounds. Which is why you should babyproof your house and keep the doors lock.

Back