Question for VRS users

em20003

Reaction score
When a VRS interpreter asks you to repeat what you said because they didn’t understand or when they ask you to repeat a persons name or phone number because they missed it or whatever reason what do you do? What do you do if they do it several times in a call?

Do you roll your eyes and throw your hands up in the air?

Do you get upset at the interpreter and show that you are upset?

Do you show you are pissed off ?

Are you pissed off when it happens?

Do you tell the interpreter they suck?

Do you patiently repeat the information? No matter how many times it happens?

Please do tell what you do?

Just curious how you handle that situation.

I will follow up with your answers at a later time but want to get as many answers from everybody before I do.

In the end I hope this will be educational for all.

Thanks

When a VRS interpreter asks you to repeat what you said because they didn’t understand or when they ask you to repeat a persons name or phone number because they missed it or whatever reason what do you do? What do you do if they do it several times in a call?

If the terp asks me once or twice, it doesn't bother me at all but when it comes to the point of excessive repeations, I politely make a request to have another terp in exchange for the original terp. That's just how I am. I know some people would approach it differently.

Once in a while I do but most of the time, I just try not to show that I'm annoyed and slow it down a little bit.

I will follow up with your answers at a later time but want to get as many answers from everybody before I do.

Thanks

I'd like to hear your inputs on this as well.

I never had problems with VRS since i got VP.... only i had problems with HOVRS.. i stick with SVRS....

Just curious how you handle that situation.

Thanks

Well, I always calling any VRS Provide almost everydays. I love any VRS Provide (viable, snap, sprint, csd, sorenson, Hamilton, i711, IP, and Hand On) but one of Sorenson Interpreting, * smh * Some of interpreting have bad attitude, hung up for no reasons, and not patience. Today, My beautiful daughter (6 months old) was sat on my lap and communication with her while i waiting for agent fixing my printer (photo 926) via DELL Company. He does took control for my computer himself. I can't believe that one black woman interpreting *i can't give out for her operator number* does not respectful but i understand that she does not like that i was look up at my wife when she just arrived home and said hello to me and our beautiful daughter as I ingore interpreting signs language what the agent saying. I was asked her to repeat then she said PAY ATTENTION, i was like whoa! I have to right to talk back to her and write it down the notes for their operator numbers and fill it out for complain to supervisor or email. I do not like interpreter talked to me like that way because she need to know better that i do not have a four-eyes (ha-ha). I can't believe that she is my first time who is complained abt it but we are BLACK!! Can you image for that?! It's my way and rights. Number One Horrible is Sorenson Interpreting does not respectfully!! It's your way and decide because you are deaf as a facial expression. So, if they are not pay attention when i already sayin then i was little temper up and i would said.. "i not need to repeat again... It's Once!!" I would love to repeat the number for making a call but not like saying repeat for messages over and over, no way! I do show how i look like it, I was hung up, bad attitude, roll my eye, and pissed off! I will ask the interpreting that i want to speak with supervisor right away if i complain about that situation. Also, when you connect to any VRS Provide, you should write it down the notes before go ahead and making a calling or whatever that happen! Those interpreting does had a certif, that's mean it's their job to pay attention, patience and learn about Deaf and HOH 's variety sign language!!:ty:

To answer your question...

I don't show my eyes or hands up.... don't want become drama.

Yes, I do get upset and asked "DO YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT I AM SAYING?!" The interpreter say, "you are sign too fast." I told interpreter say something and so I can aware of this call. Due the important call.. (mumble)

If they are not pay attention or laughing.

I tend to tell interpreter while they are not doing good job. First I told them to do not hang up and already has a number on you if you not do what I told, please transfer me to another interpreter. They don't hung up on me because I have the number :whip:

I will not repeat if they are not pay attention... yes they get not comfortable and of course another caller say same thing and hang up and then they call me back with different interpreter.

Yes because I warned them that I had that number and know where to email. I can write email as what color, sex, weight looks and time range.

Sometime they need be fired for their lesson. I can being rude but just they need learn and patience and practice in their own time. Such as example; I would like have all VRS know ... I am sure only SorensonVRS have that kind feature to know who we are due history call such as what our language is primary and to able make smooth call.

Contact to vp user.

I wants to know if I can make a call from my wirlesss device to a vp? How does it work. I can't use vp because I can't afford a high speed internet to get vp-200. Is there a way I can contact from my wireless device to vp?

:ty:

The wireless can't promise because some they don't want port open firewall in specific port due bandwidth issue. You need to call and verify those benefit to use videophone.

Back