Question for those who don't wear Hearing aids

deafdyke

Reaction score
Hey all! I'm working on a freelance article and was wondering how many people here don't wear hearing aids...would you wear hearing aids if they were covered by insurance?

I used to wear two hearing aids, but I got tired of wearing both since in my right ear I am practically deaf so i never wear the hearing aid.

However, I do and still wear hearing aid in my left ear.

So I refuse to wear on on my right, still wear on my left.

It does not matter if it was covered by insurance or not, I would rather choose for myself it it helps me hear better or not.

It doesn't matter to me if it is covered by insurance or not. Hearing aids do not help me at all, except to bother me all the time with noises. Too loud and gives me headaches. So, I have abandoned my HAs since 15 years.

i never had hearing aids since i was 7 yrs old...im just fuckin deaf like some of us are and hearing aids won't help us...so fuck em

would i get it if it would cover insurance...maybe.

Originally posted by deafdyke
Hey all! I'm working on a freelance article and was wondering how many people here don't wear hearing aids...would you wear hearing aids if they were covered by insurance?

I don't wear hearing aids.. if it was covered by insurance, I would. But I can't hear anything with them that's why I don't wear them now.

I only have a moderate loss, no HA.. I might consider them if insurance paid for them. imho they should.

I'd rather wear a earing aids for my work, watch tv, that's about it... I dunno if I will still use it when I'm at Gally.. hmmmm

i wear ear aid for since when i was 2year old. it all help me to hear it and it make me prove hard of hearing..

I would! Hearing aids are expensive nowadays and getting them through insurance would really help!

I never liked my hearing aids. Hearing sounds is an added benefit, but the cons outweighed the pros of owning and wearing hearing aids. So, I tossed them about 11 years ago.

Originally posted by ducky
I only have a moderate loss, no HA.. I might consider them if insurance paid for them. imho they should.

Some insurance companies will cover them.. and medicaid will cover the hearing aids and earmolds..

deafdyke said:

I enjoy my hearing aid in one ear, the other ear is worthless even with a hearing aid. I can only aford one anyway. They are way too expensive and I can't even afford insurance, but I manage to get one aid. If a person needs glasses they manage to get them too. Yes, insurance would be out a lot of money if they covered hearing aid. Some states help those who need them and can't afford them.

I would not wear hearing aids even if it was covered by an insurance. They give me tittinus and an headache.

I wears my hearing aid for my left ear... my right ear s deadly profound...Since, I had my ear infections, I have lost my hearing aid and I m getting another pretty soon. My hearing aid helps me to balance...

I used to wear them when I was 5-8 years old. But I felt like they made things worse for me, so I quit wearing them. If it was covered by insurance... then yes, I'd probably go ahead and keep wearing them.

Mod Note:
Coding removed.

Last edited by a moderator:
yes I would wear them if it was cover by insurance.. cuz hearing aid is wayyy expenstive.. I tried to get BVR to pay for it but they refused I dont know why?... I don't wear hearing aids I stopped when after high school.. because it got old and need a new set.. how can I afford to get a new one when they are way expenstive.. which that would covered by insurance...

I don't wear hearing aids currently but I would only accept one hearing aid for my left ear (the better ear) if it could be fully covered by insurance.

Last edited:
I haven't worn hearing aids since 1990...I only can hear is bunch of noises. So, why do I need to listen to noises all the time if I can't understand or able to understand words at all. SO I don't bother to wear them since. :)

I haven't wore my hearing aids since I had my first child...All I could hear was noises in the background and etc....

My insurance wouldn't cover for new hearing aids ...so it really doesn't matter if its cover or not ...I still won't wear them!....

Back