Question for all

ember

Reaction score
Maybe I should have asked this before I joined in and started posting but I have a question, is it ok that I am here?

I am not deaf nor do I have anyone in my immediate family/friends that are going deaf. I am about to take an ASL class and I was doing some research online which is how I happened upon this site. I do not think or feel any different about those that have a different way to experience the world than those who experience it in the same manner that I do. I read here someone said that the hearing are more intelligent and I beg to differ with that opinion. The way we learn is thru reading and investigation that has nothing to with hearing. If anything sometimes hearing can taint that because we are now convoluted with opinions and voices of others.

I am not here to offend anyone but the only way to make a friend is to be one first.

Maybe I should have asked this before I joined in and started posting but I have a question, is it ok that I am here?

I am not deaf nor do I have anyone in my immediate family/friends that are going deaf. I am about to take an ASL class and I was doing some research online which is how I happened upon this site. I do not think or feel any different about those that have a different way to experience the world than those who experience it in the same manner that I do. I read here someone said that the hearing are more intelligent and I beg to differ with that opinion. The way we learn is thru reading and investigation that has nothing to with hearing. If anything sometimes hearing can taint that because we are now convoluted with opinions and voices of others.

I am not here to offend anyone but the only way to make a friend is to be one first.

I am offended by your unwillingness to be offensive!!

Just kidding .... :giggle:

Hello and welcome and thank you for learning ASL

Thanks guys and no there hasn't been any problems just wanted to be sure because I don't have a story like many of the ones I have read here..

Steinhauer I am not oppose at all to being offensive at all with the offensive conversations but the ones that I have seen that allow for that platform aren't in this particular thread ;P

Rives was another one of my inspirations have you guys ever seen his poem called sign language AMAZING

well well hello there! :wave:

is that you in avatar?

On the bolded, who was that please? We usually send a hit squad for that. :hmm:

LOL... that is Audrey Hepburn and it was oh crap his name starts with an M and many of you don't seem to like him

Just wanted to remind everyone that's Audry Hepburn in Ember's avatar. :D

I would post my pic on my profile but I am not sure how to navigate this site just yet.

Back