question for all in ad

deafman6975

Reaction score
does anyone , here have any tatoo's that relate to the deaf , or sign 's like asl .

i have my name in asl in two inch letter on the back of my neck. i did it for a few reasons . but so far i haven't seen anyone else with such . so i was just woundering if anyone else out there has any tats that are related to the deaf.

no.. i do have a tattoo but its not asl.. just an orginial animal which is an owl on my right ankle.. :)

I have an ILY tattoo surrounded with rainbows and flowers in honor of my pride and my 2nd home I WILL be adding 2 more tats one california rose to honor the northern california rose parade i went every year and also adding my grandfather's name underneath with a tribe rainbow connected
so that ll be pretty much my last tat for a long while

i have a friend who has "deaf culture" fingerspelled on his shoulder.

i have a question since we are on the subject here....im a hearie person, who is dating a deaf girl, i work at a school for the deaf, 95% of my friends are deaf or interpreters, so i sign more than i speak it seems like....but why is it not acceptable for me to get a tattoo that represents such an important part of my life? because im not deaf, im not "allowed" to get any kind of a sing language tattoo. Im not german, but i have a german saying tattoo'd on my back, thats perfectly fine.

i know in the end tattoo's are for yourself and shouldn't care what others think about them, but i feel if i went ahead and did this, i would offend people, even people i consider friends.

any thoughts?

Ohh those are cool! One of my male friend has a tattoo on his arm - It shows a sign of ILY and in the middle of the middle and ring finger down, it shows a male and a woman in an embracing postition which was awesome!

Also, my cousin who is deaf as well - She has a tweety bird tattoo with the ILY sign. It's cute! :D

Back