Question abt "My Deaf Family" Show.

What I read is that they think the family does not have enough drama. I guess that's a compliment. But the truth is, There are hearing people who find deaf people boring. what I observed from my hearing friends and family (I don't have any deaf friends yet because of no sign language skills) they are always calling each other, asking each other to come over... but they don't do that with me or my deaf sister. I guess it is because they can't relate to us and what's interesting and funny to us seem to go over their head. I showed a joke to my husband one time that was very funny to a lot deaf community... and he didn't laugh. He couldn't get it. There were jokes that hearing make that made totally no sense to me. Cultural differences, I guess.

Oh I can totally see how AGBell folks be against it. They hate it when the media protray deaf people as ASL. They are forgetting something though, The father grew up Oral only.

What I read is that they think the family does not have enough drama. I guess that's a compliment. But the truth is, There are hearing people who find deaf people boring. what I observed from my hearing friends and family (I don't have any deaf friends yet because of no sign language skills) they are always calling each other, asking each other to come over... but they don't do that with me or my deaf sister. I guess it is because they can't relate to us and what's interesting and funny to us seem to go over their head.

That's just sad.

Well to be honest... those host stations has no clue how many people will watch, they also have no clue how many deaf americans out there, and other americans who will be interested. But in our research, one or two of the channel station admitted that AG Bell said something to prevent them from considering it, and some said what you guys mentioned that they are afraid to waste money if not enough viewers.

Can you show us the research that shows that AG Bell was involved?

Can you show us the research that shows that AG Bell was involved?

In my opinion, I don't think it is AGBell.. just the people who support AGbell. Some of them find it offensive if the media protray them as deaf and mute and do not use their voice. And some of them want a fair chance.

I voted!
I would *like* to see a family on tv that doesn't have a lot of drama. I find other people's everyday life interesting enough.

Back