Question about this site?

HannahJoy

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I was wondering if there is a real-time chat room here, where we can talk all at the same time.

(Does that make sense?)

I'm new here, and I think a "chatroom" seems easiest for talking with other people...

Thanks!

P.S: And if there isn't a chatroom here, does anyone know of good deaf chatrooms? (webcam or not, it doesn't matter)

There's no live chat room here. Sorry.

I don't know of any live chat rooms for the deaf. I'm sure someone here can recommend a live chat room for you.

I personally don't like live chat rooms. I got tired of them when I was on AOL. :(

We should talk to the Mods/admins about making one! I think it would be cool if there is one, making friends would be a lot of fun. While i like this idea, realistically that would make the mods' lives harder because they would need to supervise the chatrooms to make sure the trolls stay nice.

We had one like in the year of 2006 to 2007, but it went down because no one had the same schedule and everyone had a life outside the forum lol

If you want to chat online with other people there are plenty of sites devoted to many interests. Does it really matter the person at the other end is deaf or not? If you are thinking of something more on a personal level you could always exchange IM's.

We should talk to the Mods/admins about making one! I think it would be cool if there is one, making friends would be a lot of fun. While i like this idea, realistically that would make the mods' lives harder because they would need to supervise the chatrooms to make sure the trolls stay nice.
The administrator doesn't like the idea of it and he will not allow it on AD.

After giving this some more thought, I think it would be a great idea.

There's plenty of IRC still out there. Maybe start a meetup thread and form a channel there? And update your anti-virus software...

I tried a few chats -- they are all boring. When I got on and said hello- I would get a bunch of hellos and noticed they had a conversation going on and the problem was it was already going on and I have no clue what was already been said and when I try to make a statement it might be met with a harsh comment or something. OR there is nothing meaningful on chat. since there is too many unknown people just saying useless stuff.

So forum it is. or one on one chat or up to 3-5 people if we have a issue or hot topic to discuss to resolution.

i agree with radioman that what happen to me.. i skype and gmail chat if signing which bsl /fsl and people i already know.. chatrooms all people say hi hi hi .then harsh comment if join in something they already started...i not sure if go on icq.. years since i used that

Back