Question about the Sorenson nTouch VP

tigersharkdude

Reaction score
Long story short....Sorenson recently installed a VP for me. I absolutely hate the quality of the camera. I have a high def. Logitech webcam...I was wondering if there is anyway to use the high def camera? I cant seem to find anything online.

Are you use HDMI to your HDTV with the setup on nTouch at 720p/widescreen ratio size?

Are you saying that you want to know whether or not you can replace the built-in camera on nVP with your Logitech webcam? If so, I highly doubt it. However you can use your webcam with Sorenson software (ntouch PC) installed in your PC for VP calls.

FAQ for ntouch PC;

Does ntouch PC support both built-in and external USB web cams?

Yes. Both built-in and external web cams are supported by ntouch PC. ntouch PC will work with most brands and models of web cams, but for optimal compatibility and video quality Sorenson recommends using one of the following:
•Logitech Quickcam Pro 9000
• Logitech HD webcam C510
•Microsoft LifeCam VX-3000

For best performance with an external USB web cam, be sure to install the software and device driver that are provided by the web cam manufacturer. Just follow the installation instructions provided by the manufacturer. Do not simply plug the web cam in to the USB port of your computer and use the default Windows device driver.

Last edited:
I still be waiting for replacing nTouch VP. I wonder that nTouch VP cam is 720p? MP?

Are you saying that you want to know whether or not you can replace the built-in camera on nVP with your Logitech webcam? If so, I highly doubt it. However you can use your webcam with Sorenson software (ntouch PC) installed in your PC for VP calls.

FAQ for ntouch PC;

Does ntouch PC support both built-in and external USB web cams?

Yes. Both built-in and external web cams are supported by ntouch PC. ntouch PC will work with most brands and models of web cams, but for optimal compatibility and video quality Sorenson recommends using one of the following:
•Logitech Quickcam Pro 9000
• Logitech HD webcam C510
•Microsoft LifeCam VX-3000

For best performance with an external USB web cam, be sure to install the software and device driver that are provided by the web cam manufacturer. Just follow the installation instructions provided by the manufacturer. Do not simply plug the web cam in to the USB port of your computer and use the default Windows device driver.

If replacing HD webcam, no led light and flash alert light on it??

If replacing HD webcam, no led light and flash alert light on it??
Use your HD webcam on your PC/laptop with Sorenson's or other competitor's software installed to make VP calls. My ex-brother-in-law who is VP installer for Sorenson told me that Sorenson provides free portable flashers for PC/laptop if you have ntouch PC installed/set up (open an account with the company) and Sorenson VRS is your default VRS provider.

Yes, ntouch Vp is 720p and has a HDMI port since it's HD. It is connected to your HDTV only so you can't replace this VP with your webcam.

Want to voice your opinion about video quality with the NTVP camera? Please E mail vrscomments@sorenson.com. The more people voice their complaints, the better they can improve.
The camera unit for NTVP is specifically designed with the system and is not interchangeable.

Want to voice your opinion about video quality with the NTVP camera? Please E mail vrscomments@sorenson.com. The more people voice their complaints, the better they can improve.
The camera unit for NTVP is specifically designed with the system and is not interchangeable.
That's a good suggestion but usually internet speed and apps running background in PC have something to do with a problem in video quality.

What's more, they can update softwares (improve interface or add new features) anytime but I doubt they will redesign the hardware like a camera within 5 years or so.

This is for NtouchVP not NtouchPC.

Sorenson is not stopping the improvement, without customer feedback like VRScomments@sorenson.com they can't improve just by themselves. Sorenson REALLY wants to hear your feedbacks.

That's a good suggestion but usually internet speed and apps running background in PC have something to do with a problem in video quality.

This is for NtouchVP not NtouchPC.

Sorenson is not stopping the improvement, without customer feedback like VRScomments@sorenson.com they can't improve just by themselves. Sorenson REALLY wants to hear your feedbacks.
Yes I also talked about nVP. I just added more info in my previous post. The installer explained that if my son plays online game, my video quality will get poor because it takes too much D/L and U/L speeds. Same thing with apps that take up too much. At my place, VP is connected to the router which is also connected to three PCs so they share internet speed. The solution is an upgrade to HIGHER internet speed.

^I think either you misunderstood them or the installer misinterpreted to you.

Video quality wont change (unless you manually change it). Slower speeds will not direct effect the picture quality. The only thing that is going to be effected by decreasing the speed is the frame rate per second.

The reason that you need a higher bandwidth with an HD camera is because they; A- take a "larger" and more detailed image than a non-HD camera as well as a higher frame rate, and B- these larger images take up more space (think a 16mp picture takes up much more room on your harddrive than a 7mp picture) thus you need a connection that can handle this "larger" signal

^I think either you misunderstood them or the installer misinterpreted to you.

Video quality wont change (unless you manually change it). Slower speeds will not direct effect the picture quality. The only thing that is going to be effected by decreasing the speed is the frame rate per second.

The reason that you need a higher bandwidth with an HD camera is because they; A- take a "larger" and more detailed image than a non-HD camera as well as a higher frame rate, and B- these larger images take up more space (think a 16mp picture takes up much more room on your harddrive than a 7mp picture) thus you need a connection that can handle this "larger" signal
You are right. However, IMO, video choppiness affects the quality.

if you want highest speed bandwidth , you will lose bills, it is limit bandwidth cap (usage meter) some your ISP limit 40gb, 100gb, 200gb, 400gb or etc.. like Cox Commcation is 200gb / 400gb, some ISP had 40GB, if you use many call with HD, company will bill more you, best low speed 256k or 512k, you can get 200-400 hours, if high, only 20-40 hour or less

if you replace webcam, nVP's Webcam bulti-in flash light and IR, your remote control won't work, IR in nVP's webcam but nTouch VP don't have IR

if you want highest speed bandwidth , you will lose bills, it is limit bandwidth cap (usage meter) some your ISP limit 40gb, 100gb, 200gb, 400gb or etc.. like Cox Commcation is 200gb / 400gb, some ISP had 40GB, if you use many call with HD, company will bill more you, best low speed 256k or 512k, you can get 200-400 hours, if high, only 20-40 hour or less
It doesn't make sense to me. However, I pay monthly for internet service. It doesn't matter how many times I use VP. They don't charge more for those calls.

If low, 200-400 hrs of what? If high, 20-40 hrs of what?

It doesn't make sense to me. However, I pay monthly for internet service. It doesn't matter how many times I use VP. They don't charge more for those calls.

If low, 200-400 hrs of what? If high, 20-40 hrs of what?

Mean, my ISP is limit 200GB caps
low (256k) = 1 hour, up to 200 hours
HD = 1 hour = 4GB, up to 40 hours

if you get Google Fiber, caps is unlimit!! but only in Kansas City, I don't know when will be in U.S.

Is the picture quality only bad when you are on a call?
Can you put the phone on self view and if so, does it still look bad on your TV?
If so, the problems not necessarily the Internet, there could be something about how the phone works with your TV.

Back