Question about sidekick 2...help!

MMA fan

Reaction score
:confused: Hey ya'll... I got a question about the sidekick II....

Can you like... somehow "trigger" or "jinx" (dunno the right word) but sort of like set up someone's sidekick where you are able to see every email that they send out? For example if I wanna send an email to "X" person and I sent out an email to "X" person... a few minutes later, "Y" person pages me and tells me what I sent "X" person. "X" person and "Y" person are NOT together in person cuz they both are working at two different places. They don't even really know each other and barely talk to each other. So ya'll get my drift? How can "Y" person know what I'm sending "X" person? Is it possible to jinx someone's phone where you can monitor every email you send out? :confused:

WTF?

Did you email ONE email to both of them?? It is possible that the person X saw the person Y's email address... to avoid this, dont use "TO:" but use "TO BCC:" this gives the invisibilty for who you are emailing to.. you click on MENU and see "ADD BBC: TO" so use this if you want to mass-email but don't want everybody to know who you are emailing to.

but if you emailed to X an email and then Y informs you that s/he got it as well even though YOU NEVER email it to Y...
-- then Y must have got to your pager's setting and added Y's email address for "FORWARDING" from your email so for every email you sent out, s/he will get it. it is also called "POP email"...

I am not sure what you mean but hopefully I do give you some help.

[EDITED: My husband uses this function of forwarding/POP email-- so every email he emails out or gets an email from his GMAIL (it is not accessible from the SK's internet), it will be sent to my pager as if it is an email for ME but really it is my husband's-- I have a folder established for his emails to be emailed ot. So if my husband is with me and wants to check his GMAIL, he can check my pager's emails for his gmail folder. We have a trusting relationship so I don't read every email he gets/sends but I DO know how many emails he gets and sends etc so he cannot develop an affair :giggle:]

Right, I have Sidekick for 2 years already and used this forwarding feature so I get a copy on my home computer. I use Eduroa with rules so that all of my outgoing SK messages goes to certain folder.

Also, look in the SK address book to make sure it has the correct email address.

It is very dangerous to use forwarding and BCC features if you dont understand it enough.

eperiment it more and hope you ll understand what Gnarlydorkette is explaining all about.

gnarlydorkette said:
WTF?

Did you email ONE email to both of them?? It is possible that the person X saw the person Y's email address... to avoid this, dont use "TO:" but use "TO BCC:" this gives the invisibilty for who you are emailing to.. you click on MENU and see "ADD BBC: TO" so use this if you want to mass-email but don't want everybody to know who you are emailing to.

but if you emailed to X an email and then Y informs you that s/he got it as well even though YOU NEVER email it to Y...
-- then Y must have got to your pager's setting and added Y's email address for "FORWARDING" from your email so for every email you sent out, s/he will get it. it is also called "POP email"...

gnarlydorkette said:
WTF?

I am not sure what you mean but hopefully I do give you some help.

[EDITED: My husband uses this function of forwarding/POP email-- so every email he emails out or gets an email from his GMAIL (it is not accessible from the SK's internet), it will be sent to my pager as if it is an email for ME but really it is my husband's-- I have a folder established for his emails to be emailed ot. So if my husband is with me and wants to check his GMAIL, he can check my pager's emails for his gmail folder. We have a trusting relationship so I don't read every email he gets/sends but I DO know how many emails he gets and sends etc so he cannot develop an affair :giggle:]

I only emailed to X person and I am SURE of it...it wasn't an email for more than 1 person. It was a personal email indeed for ONE person (X person) and then somehow person Y gets it but it wasn't only one email... it was more than ONE. Also you mentioned something about "POP email" ... how do you use that on the sidekick II? I have search all over my phone and can't find anything... I also checked the address book... the addresses are correct. I do not know how person Y is getting all of my emails that I am sending out. How do you check for "POP email"?

MMA fan said:
I only emailed to X person and I am SURE of it...it wasn't an email for more than 1 person. It was a personal email indeed for ONE person (X person) and then somehow person Y gets it but it wasn't only one email... it was more than ONE. Also you mentioned something about "POP email" ... how do you use that on the sidekick II? I have search all over my phone and can't find anything... I also checked the address book... the addresses are correct. I do not know how person Y is getting all of my emails that I am sending out. How do you check for "POP email"?

http://www.alldeaf.com/showthread.php?t=14258

Only GMAIL works, or any email that you are a paid customer... if you are using a free email service, it won't work.

You have to go to your email account and change your preferrence/setting to allow POP email (if you have GMAIL I can help you) to be delivered to your pager.

When you have established that "open" conection then go to your sidekick's email and click:
VamPyrox said:
Menu > "Settings" > "Accounts"
Menu > "New Account" (Menu + N)

Works with Gmail
Does not work with Yahoo unless a paying member
Does not work with Hotmail unless a paying member
Works with other servers... if server permits

Do the latter (the bolded one) to check if somebody, like Y, DID add their email to the pop/forward list. It will show all email addresses that are currently receiving the copies of all correspondences sent out or received on your pager. So if Y's email address showed up, you will KNOW.

PM or IM me at gnarlydorkette for further instructions or assistance. I am concerned for your privacy (believe, I will be upset if I will be in your position!) and will like to solve it. I think the "Y" is in breach of your privacy and should be dealt with (legally?)... hopefully we can solve the email problem before you confront Y.

Back