Question about right to privacy

JoeyDeafNinja

Reaction score
Long story, short story. One of my friend posted on her facebook. She posted about Deaf man who are homosexual and have son. He molested her children. She even named his name! I jumped in and warned her that she can get in the trouble with law for expose such information like that plus false accuse. I didn't find that man record for any kind of sexual offender. So that consider as false accuse. She refused to listen to me and got her friends ganged up on me like how "that information can help us protect our children." I kept pointing at the point "Where is the proof that he molested children?" They never gotten that point. They kept saying it is right to do. Fact: It is very wrong! No one have a right to do like that! Post in PUBLIC? Idiot! Private can be different story. Thoughts? EDIT: Warning: I think this thread can cause flaming. I don't mean to stir the pot. I wanted to know if I am right.

Child molestation is a heinous crime and should be reported to the authorities immediately!

No one should try to cover it up. If it is a false allegation, let the proper authorities handle the situation - posting about it on facebook is not the way to handle this.

I would be careful about jumping into other people's business. If she gets sued for naming someone who raped her kids, then it is not your problems. She knew the laws and she chose to ignore them. Don't let anyone drag you into all this mess.

If this person actually molested her children then what do you think she'd get in trouble for? It's not libel if it's true.

If this person actually molested her children then what do you think she'd get in trouble for? It's not libel if it's true.

The mother should had gone to the polices and reported this and taken her child to a hospital to made sure they are OK and get some reports from a doctor saying her child was molested so she can back this up. I am not saying nothing happen to the child, but the mother need to show that her child was
molested . You can't just post this and not have some proof that will be needed it court.

The mother should had gone to the polices and reported this and taken her child to a hospital to made sure they are OK and get some reports from a doctor saying her child was molested so she can back this up. I am not saying nothing happen to the child, but the mother need to show that her child was
molested . You can't just post this and not have some proof that will be needed it court.

Right- the mom should have (and hopefully did) go to the police. However, this person won't get in trouble if it's the truth.

my friend daughter did same on fb a man she know was being accused of child molestation she said same unless got proof do not say these things...she has had so much hatemail that had close account

my friend daughter did same on fb a man she know was being accused of child molestation she said same unless got proof do not say these things...she has had so much hatemail that had close account

I'm certainly not advocating that people do this. However, I am saying that it was within her rights to do that if it was in fact the truth.

Just because someone doesn't have a criminal record, or because they aren't a registered sex offender doesn't mean they aren't guilty. Conversely, just because someone has been accused doesn't mean they are guilty. It's a tricky situation.

If you are going to accuse someone publicly like this, you better be right. A whole lot of lawyers are circling above...

whatever happened to "innocent until proven guilty"?

I'm certainly not advocating that people do this. However, I am saying that it was within her rights to do that if it was in fact the truth.

Just because someone doesn't have a criminal record, or because they aren't a registered sex offender doesn't mean they aren't guilty. Conversely, just because someone has been accused doesn't mean they are guilty. It's a tricky situation.

you are very well advocating treating a guilty person as guilty one even if he was not proven guilty in the court of law until then. that's a very very very dangerous advice you're giving.

it's called vigilantism.

my advice? simple - let the lawyer and police handle it. do not accuse or libel until he is proven guilty in the court of law. period.

whatever happened to "innocent until proven guilty"?
That applies to legal processes only. If victims want to tell others that so-and-so hit them, robbed them, raped them, etc., they can. They just have to be prepared for legal consequences if the accusation turns out to be false.

...Just because someone doesn't have a criminal record, or because they aren't a registered sex offender doesn't mean they aren't guilty....
That's right. Sandusky had a clean record for decades before he was finally brought to trial.

That applies to legal processes only. If victims want to tell others that so-and-so hit them, robbed them, raped them, etc., they can. They just have to be prepared for legal consequences if the accusation turns out to be false.

but would you advise and encourage a person making an allegation and risk a legal consequences? I wouldn't.

FYI - this is not a victim we're talking about. this is just a mother saying that he molested her children.

but would you advise and encourage a person making an allegation and risk a legal consequences? I wouldn't.

FYI - this is not a victim we're talking about. this is just a mother saying that he molested her children.

See, that is another thing you will learn as a parent......The mother is very much a victim too. Assuming the allegations are true, of course.

Back