Question about marriage

ilvocean

Reaction score
While you are married, if your spouse go borrow loan, debt, or credit cards WITHOUT your permission then what would you do?? I have seen many people got divorced because of these dumb money problems. How would prevent from it happening to you?

Get a separate bank account and then each be financially responsibile for some bills and whatever loans each person takes out.

sound like poor communication maybe. Question is has the person done shady things behind your back before.....this might just be another sign of dishonesty.

Interesting...

Accord German law:
You are married - no matter either you both join same bank account together or not... The bank can't give you loan or whatever without get the signature from your spouse.

Well, some loans only have one signature for married people. Some loans require 2 signatures for married couples. One of my friend who was married to one lady for few years. His wife never ask his permission about credit cards so she went borrow some of them and overspending as she want to. He got pissed off at his wife cuz he have good job and used him for money. His wife will not work. His wife won't pay for whole credit cards so he have to pay for whole credit cards. Also his wife went borrow loan for buy house without his permission so he get divorced. It was really mess my friend's life and cost him lots of money and RUIN his credit. I had learn something from him. Having separate bank accounts is good idea but one problem about debts, credit cards, loan without spouse's permission.

Well, some loans only have one signature for married people. Some loans require 2 signatures for married couples.

depend. It not required both! Loan were very picky only one or 2 persons. Let Loan decided it where depend. We went to loan and lot work papers yuck!

In Germany have law require married couples to have 2 signatures for loans??? Here in usa some areas don't require 2 signatures just one in some areas.. that is suck.. That cause problems..

Interesting...

Accord German law:
You are married - no matter either you both join same bank account together or not... The bank can't give you loan or whatever without get the signature from your spouse.

Wow, I'm surpised to hear about that!

Interesting about German law. Hmmm.. US really falling behind!! No wonder our national debit is so bad. Really sank so low! German is rising again! Oh oh.. 4th reich? Better not!! Ha. Wink!

I like that law! Really need that effective law here. Yes credit do affect spouse if the other spouse is not doing right.

Communication is important, yes. Divorce rate is high due to financial situation more often than anything. Why? Stress can cause that. I think that is partial why my brother is going through a divorce. His soon to be ex wanted money. She wanted an RV and my brother said no because not enough money! He doesnt have enough to save up! I think its finanical reasons they are going through. Others I know going through the same. Second highest I think is cheating. Online really can catch a spouse cheating. I know because I have seen this too many times more lately from other people I know. Hey, that deranged woman from CT whom I met online spied on me when we broke up and I tried to meet other women online and all. I learned that is how women spied on their mates--married or not.

Interesting about German law. Hmmm.. US really falling behind!! No wonder our national debit is so bad. Really sank so low! German is rising again! Oh oh.. 4th reich? Better not!! Ha. Wink!

I like that law! Really need that effective law here. Yes credit do affect spouse if the other spouse is not doing right.

Communication is important, yes. Divorce rate is high due to financial situation more often than anything. Why? Stress can cause that. I think that is partial why my brother is going through a divorce. His soon to be ex wanted money. She wanted an RV and my brother said no because not enough money! He doesnt have enough to save up! I think its finanical reasons they are going through. Others I know going through the same. Second highest I think is cheating. Online really can catch a spouse cheating. I know because I have seen this too many times more lately from other people I know. Hey, that deranged woman from CT whom I met online spied on me when we broke up and I tried to meet other women online and all. I learned that is how women spied on their mates--married or not.

Yep US is falling apart..that why i want to move to Canada someday because there is no equal right for me the gay in USA..
The world is already changing and USA didnt..Bye bye USA!
I'm coming Canada! :cheers:

Sorry, when you get married, her credit gets mixed with his credit. His credit gets mixed into her credit. One might be better then the other, but they are now tied together.

It also don't help, cause if they seperate and get a divorce, one don't keep that credit. They almost have to start all over again.

Best way it stay out of the problem, make sure both of them sit down and communate on what they need and form a budget.

While you are married, if your spouse go borrow loan, debt, or credit cards WITHOUT your permission then what would you do?? I have seen many people got divorced because of these dumb money problems. How would prevent from it happening to you?
I think its more about talking together rather than asking for permission. Especially of both husband and wife work and contribute to the income. Why should you have to ask permission if you are contributing to the income. If it's normal day to day expenses then just do it. If it's a large expense then you should discusse it and make sure your budjet can afford it. I agree with others that its about communication and my guess is that there are bigger problems in a relationship if this has triggered a divorce.

Sorry, when you get married, her credit gets mixed with his credit. His credit gets mixed into her credit. One might be better then the other, but they are now tied together.

It also don't help, cause if they seperate and get a divorce, one don't keep that credit. They almost have to start all over again.
Best way it stay out of the problem, make sure both of them sit down and communate on what they need and form a budget.

I agree with you cuz when I was married to my exh and he ruined my credit big time. One day he came to me and said that he wanted to buy a truck so I told him to get it in his name only even if we were married. So after I got divorced and I look into my credit report and find his loan was onto mine not his but I called the credit report and had it fix. So it took me a while to get my credit rating back where it belong. So now my credit report is so much better then before. Thanks goodness. Right now my exh credit rating is bad. :D Yay I dont have to worry about it anymore.

I know of several couples who keep separate bank accounts. Some of them are very happy with that, but some aren't. For example, when a woman is dealing with bills, and the husband blows money on other things such as xbox, etc... they argue about money.

I knew of a couple who figured their own expenses, and decided to open a bank account in the middle, with each contributing half to the account. Then it will be used for bills, food, etc... The rest would stay in their separate accounts to be used for whatever they wanted to do with it. It worked very well for them, but they broke up not for finanical reasons but other reasons.

I keep separate account from my bf and just give him a monthly sum of money for house expenses. It works out fine, and I think it works out well when people deal with their finances in a responsible manner.

I know of several couples who keep separate bank accounts. Some of them are very happy with that, but some aren't. For example, when a woman is dealing with bills, and the husband blows money on other things such as xbox, etc... they argue about money.

I knew of a couple who figured their own expenses, and decided to open a bank account in the middle, with each contributing half to the account. Then it will be used for bills, food, etc... The rest would stay in their separate accounts to be used for whatever they wanted to do with it. It worked very well for them, but they broke up not for finanical reasons but other reasons.

I keep separate account from my bf and just give him a monthly sum of money for house expenses. It works out fine, and I think it works out well when people deal with their finances in a responsible manner.

My hubby and I do that and it works well for us probably cuz we are responsible with our finances. :)

I think its more about talking together rather than asking for permission. Especially of both husband and wife work and contribute to the income. Why should you have to ask permission if you are contributing to the income. If it's normal day to day expenses then just do it. If it's a large expense then you should discusse it and make sure your budjet can afford it. I agree with others that its about communication and my guess is that there are bigger problems in a relationship if this has triggered a divorce.

How about the husbands and wifes that one works while the other stays home and take care of the kids? My wife is a stay at home mother and wife. She makes no income for herself. All my income goes to bills and things we want and need for the family and self

Yes true...

The reason is protect people´s life...

Example:

A husband wants to get loan to buy a sport car but his wife reject... Bank can´t give him a loan without his wife´s signuature.

It´ll be worst ifBank agree to give a husband one loan without wife´s signature - fighting to end their marriage. That´s why the bank would not do that.... only if they have both married couple´s signature...

Back