Question about Interior Design

emerald

Reaction score
I am interested in learning more about Interior Design. I'd like to check with any of you, who might have some experience in studying or doing some work in Interior Design. I am just wondering if it would worth for a deaf person to pursue by studying and maybe work in that field? I have noticed that the society prefers to work with hearing people. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry I'm not studying ID, but I think it'd be awesome. You can go out and represent for the deaf people and its community. You can show them that deaf people have their own creativity. Maybe you could do the interior design for the deaf clients ;)

I think ID's neat! I don't mean to be a party pooper but a deaf Interior Designer wouldn't be able to make a living just off deaf folks. You need other customers. Best wishes to you!

Have you checked out colleges for professional interior design programs?

Do you watch HGTV? They have some of my favorite design programs on there. :)

I don't personally know any Deaf interior designers but I know of a local Deaf architect (quite successful) who sometimes works with designers.

In case if I decide to pursue by studying Interior Design, I absolutely understand that I cannot rely on deaf clients. It would be best for me to work with hearing clients. It is just my concern of what hearing people would think of a deaf person to work as an Interior Design.

I started to take a look for more info about colleges/universities that provide Interior Design major. I am still looking... I don't watch HGTV. But I could when I have a chance.

I don't know much about interior design, but I do know that RIT offers a program for that.

In case if I decide to pursue by studying Interior Design, I absolutely understand that I cannot rely on deaf clients. It would be best for me to work with hearing clients. It is just my concern of what hearing people would think of a deaf person to work as an Interior Design.

I started to take a look for more info about colleges/universities that provide Interior Design major. I am still looking... I don't watch HGTV. But I could when I have a chance.

If you like decorating your room and you like art and being creative, I still say go for it. If you find those things boring, you might consider something you like to do.

I don't think that Gally does offers but major can be under Art.

Back