Question about HA's

LittleCat

Reaction score
This past Thursday I was fitted for my first pair of HA's and find them extremely helpful. One question I have though is I seem to be all over the volume control-up one minute then down the next- Does this tend to even out as I adapt to them? Since I lost my hearing at 15 months old and am now 38 I really have no idea what everything 'should' sound like and how loud/soft things may be.

Thanks!!

This past Thursday I was fitted for my first pair of HA's and find them extremely helpful. One question I have though is I seem to be all over the volume control-up one minute then down the next- Does this tend to even out as I adapt to them? Since I lost my hearing at 15 months old and am now 38 I really have no idea what everything 'should' sound like and how loud/soft things may be.

Thanks!!

It will take a little while to get use to the amplification of sounds. Hearing aids tend to amplify ALL sounds, so what might be noisy one minute might not be so noisy the next. With the hearing aids, depending on which one you have might a nifty little feature called compression where it compresses loud sounds so your little ears aren't shocked with sound.

she's right. I member when i first got my ha i went thru the same thing, but then i got use to the sounds more or less. i still have to turn down or turn up my ha's but not as often as when i first got them. Just be thankful..lol the first day i got mine my bf and I brought my lil cousins to the museum and it's all like animals and the bird section hide like over 200 species of birds and u can press a button to hear their "call" ...i wanted to go into a corner and hide..thank gosh ha's have a mute or off button!!! :p

Back