Question about facebook and my daughter.

i know that 9 years old to be immature for join the Facebook's member! ........... I will tell my girl that waits until she becomes 16 years old! :)

Thank you all !!!! :)

16 is good, mean more time to learn before ready to meet outside

fb privacy

I'm a software developer at ReputationDefender.com -- we offer a free product, no strings, for fb users called Privacy Defender.

There are, at last count that I know of, about 129 privacy settings on fb -- this product allows you to clamp down all of them using an easy-to-understand interface.

Privacy on fb is no joke - keep things locked down to your friends...if you're exposed, then your friends are exposed...and vice-versa.

Now, speaking as a parent, 9 is too young. Just b/c all the other cool kids are doing it, don't make it right. (argh! I sound like my dad....:eek3:) There are plenty of other sites for social-networking that she can use. Unless you're going to supervise her on your account (which could also be a boon involving yourself in her world), then help her find alternatives, using the suggestions posted here.

My two cents - apologies if the shameless plug for what I believe is a good product offends anyone.

--mike

Feh, 9 is too young...but I already know someone who's 7 who had an account or somebody under 13 who got an account anyway. Better wait until 13 years old.

Just to let you know, I got my account when I was about 15 or 16 and I just created my own account and ever since, I've been fine as long I'm careful. :)

There are plenty of other sites that offer games. As has been said before younger than 13 children aren't supposed supposed to be on facebook as part of the Terms of Use.

just dont let her to join.

some of dweebs doesnt read the policies, and yet, they (bunch of 9-12 years old) still joined facebook. Embrassing.

Just wish that parents know what is going on and read the policies first before join. Unfortunately, they arent.

Back