Question about cutting Neighbor's tree!!!

Phillips

Lets ride horses!
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have to question...

Can I be cutting the neighbor’s tree with sticks over the line my property. the tiny nuts dropping on my garden/yard :roll: also their sick tree have caterpillar's nests> cause my Garden/Veg, apple trees etc.. problems

Today I am going to home depot and buying longest stick with saw to cutting it?
My friend said go-ahead cutting the tree's stick with only over my property. :hmm:

Last year I asked them to cut their sick tree.. Said NO! :ugh: They leave messy on their yard!! Long grass, sick tree, bee hives on their brand new house! :eek:

no I don't think you can do that legally. That will be destruction of property. However since their branches linger over to your property and since your neighbor refused to cut the branches, you can file the complaint with the police and town borough that their tree is damaging your property. The law is different depending on where you live so you'll have to talk with cop and town hall.

no I don't think you can do that legally. That will be destruction of property. However since their branches linger over to your property and since your neighbor refused to cut the branches, you can file the complaint with the police and town borough that their tree is damaging your property. The law is different depending on where you live so you'll have to talk with cop and town hall.

Naw, a better solution is to move somewhere else

No, do not cut it because the tree belongs to your neighbor. If I were you, I'll report it to the city, and let the city take care of it, They might tell the neighbor to cut the branches. It's worth a try. :)

I called my town> housing inspector Rick's home ... leave message.. so Hope Rick calling me back today :D :D

No, do not cut it because the tree belongs to your neighbor. If I were you, I'll report it to the city, and let the city take care of it, They might tell the neighbor to cut the branches. It's worth a try. :)

Thank you.. Hope Inspector Rick calling me back..

( they re 24 years old younger couple) ... They re abandoned their new home :( cuz They re mistake with refinance and stuck with high mortgage and cannot afford live in with utilities..

They re live with her mom s house now! Geez!

Their house is on sale market now since December!

lol.... the victims of estate bubble burst..... oh well... so yea - good that you're contacting Rick. The best I can say is Rick will give them a warning with time limit and failure to comply will result in fines. that's pretty much all and hopefully the end of your trouble soon!

Buy some Epsom salt, its real cheap. Dig small holes around tree trunk, pour salt and soak with hose the salt will kill the roots almost instantly and you should see tree start to die in a few weeks. Leafs will turn fast. Hope this helps, its a cheap way to kill a tree.

Buy some Epsom salt, its real cheap. Dig small holes around tree trunk, pour salt and soak with hose the salt will kill the roots almost instantly and you should see tree start to die in a few weeks. Leafs will turn fast. Hope this helps, its a cheap way to kill a tree.

No, You're only going to get her in trouble because the tree does not belong to her, it belongs to the neighbor.

whoa you're cruel S.O.B. but that's actually cool. Good thing to know when I'm in that situation if nobody can't do anything about it legally. Won't that kill the grass?

whoa you're cruel S.O.B. but that's actually cool. Good thing to know when I'm in that situation if nobody can't do anything about it legally. Won't that kill the grass?
Shame on you, you say you wanna be a police officer and you're thinking evil now? :nono:

Hahah.. :lol: ;) Really its works? Interesting

Of course I won't do that :twisted:

If they have abandoned their home,and the grass is too tall and trees are out of control, the city should issue a public nuisance citation to them for failing to care for their property. They will be ordered to clean it up by a specific time, or they will have fines levied against them daily.

If the house is on the market, and you can find out who the realtor or the mortgage company is, complain to them about the condition of the property, too.

We did cut our neighbor's branches off the trees because they were in our way, we can not walk thru backyard with their branches hang too low and destroy our fence. We bought the fence and put up the fence (our nieighbor did not paid one dime for it therefore fence is ours not thiers. And they had no problem with us cutting branches off their trees. It is absurd when u can not trim off branches out of neighbor trees over your backyard or frontyard. they can not come into our yard to trim off their branches. It is hazard for health. I know I have been poke in my eyes from those branches.

We did cut our neighbor's branches off the trees because they were in our way, we can not walk thru backyard with their branches hang too low and destroy our fence. We paid fence not neighbor and they had no problem with us cutting branches off their trees. It is absurd when u can not trim off branches out of neighbor trees over your backyard or frontyard. they can not come into our yard to trim off their branches.

god bless america and its silly legal mumbajumba definitions :wiggle:

It is OK to trim the branches on your side but not cut down trees/bushes that are outside of your yard. Talk to them (neighbours) and possibly show them.
I will have try this on the annoying "spider" palm tree within my yard. Maybe I will do to all ugly trees/bushes by the fence. The people that used to live here must be lazy to do some yard works when they lived here. :roll:

According to the TV show Judge Judy, you can trim what goes over your fence. But that's just a TV show. You should try asking first.

If it was me, I would wait until it gets dark, wear a black ninji suit, and sneak out there and trim that sucker of a tree! I'd probably see if Remington would join me. I might get in trouble (and Cheri might yell at me haha) but - it would be fun! Almost as much fun as the stuff I used to do in junior high school! Ok, I'm just kidding. ;)

Back