Question about a sign

Taylor

Reaction score
I'm kind of embarrassed and I hate to ask this LOL but I'm having a tough time finding the answer. I've recently seen a sign that is new to me. It is the letter 'T' tapped two or three times on the chest. Its just like the sign for policeman, however, its using the fingerspelled T.

I'm not familiar with this sign and it came up on a call that I was on recently and seems to have been directed at me. The person I was communicating with made this sign to another person...and then that person came up and introduced herself to me.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. I don't know if this was an introduction, an insult (somebody told me they thought it was the sign for toilet but this was taps on the chest and not off to the side like I've seen toilet), or what.

I think the person was trying to say your name Taylor but did not know how to say your name and might have been obivously upset and needed your help ? I think that is more like what this situation is.

Never saw that sign for toilet -- the one I know is like you sign "where" -- I guess you should be flattered they gave you a name sign -- that is simliar to the sign for police.

Hey I wish I could to know to understand any of ASL but I doesn't know any of it because I am the B.S.L user

Why not you look at the website of A.S.L video signers. maybe you will find from there .

Sorry can not to be more of any help. most of here ALLD'er here will help you..

:angel:

Taylor said:
I'm kind of embarrassed and I hate to ask this LOL but I'm having a tough time finding the answer. I've recently seen a sign that is new to me. It is the letter 'T' tapped two or three times on the chest. Its just like the sign for policeman, however, its using the fingerspelled T.

I'm not familiar with this sign and it came up on a call that I was on recently and seems to have been directed at me. The person I was communicating with made this sign to another person...and then that person came up and introduced herself to me.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. I don't know if this was an introduction, an insult (somebody told me they thought it was the sign for toilet but this was taps on the chest and not off to the side like I've seen toilet), or what.
It sounds like you might have just acquired a name sign, "Taylor-the-cop". Congratulations! If it was given to you by a member of the Deaf community, then embrace it and use it. :)

Especially since it was followed by an introduction by the other person.

"Toilet"--no way!

Reba said:
It sounds like you might have just acquired a name sign, "Taylor-the-cop". Congratulations! If it was given to you by a member of the Deaf community, then embrace it and use it. :)

Especially since it was followed by an introduction by the other person.

"Toilet"--no way!

Hey Taylor, I was going to say the same thing just like Reba...

Yes, Someone else created it for you
That's a perfect new sign name for you :)

LOL..that is what I thought (and hoping) it may have been.

When I say that I was on a call, it was what we call a follow-up. We were at the house for something last week in regards to kid bullying her kid. My follow-up is essentially a visit to make sure there were no more problems with the other kid (and there haven't been so it seems my little lecture worked).

Since I was there on a friendly visit and it wasn't a new call for service, things were kind of laid back...

Thanks everyone for their feedback and suggestions. Next time I'm over that way, I'll have to ask ;)

I think its a name sign for you. I am by no means an expert but what I have learned is that for some name signs you take the first letter of the persons name and tap your chest with it a few times.. Perhaps that is what this is about.

Yay Yay, Taylor got a new name sign :applause:

Taylor said:
I'm kind of embarrassed and I hate to ask this LOL but I'm having a tough time finding the answer.
By the way, Taylor, don't feel embarrassed to ask us what you need to know. That's what we are here for :)

No, that's not the sign for toilet, the sign for toilet is the sign for "where" with the sign letter of "T". I like your new sign name, It fit you perfectly. :)

Cheri said:
No, that's not the sign for toilet, the sign for toilet is the sign for "where" with the sign letter of "T". I like your new sign name, It fit you perfectly. :)
All of this talk about toilet is making me need to go to the bathroom.... thanks alot Cheri.....lol

Taylor, u hearing and me foreigner learning ASL, I wouldnt be embarassed to ask that person what is that when I dont understand or dont know what means, go to ask than figuring out for so long/asking somebody else :D

Congratulation, "taylor-cop" suit u perfectly :thumb:

Cheri said:

:werd:

anyway, what about toy sign similar toilet? :dunno:

FreeWoman77 said:
anyway, what about toy sign similar toilet? :dunno:
For me and others that I have seen, "toy" is signed with "T" in the same way as you sign "play".

ButterflyGirl said:
For me and others that I have seen, "toy" is signed with "T" in the same way as you sign "play".

Correct! There's a different between toy and toilet.

ButterflyGirl said:

gotcha, I will correct my sign for toy :ty:

FreeWoman77 said:
Thanks Cheri :) I do have that website, but not same really, I just checked TOY she only spelled, no sign there :/

You're very welcome, Oh you're correct, I double checked.

Back