Question 911 Emergency Situations

Kyelena2

Reaction score
I am a hearing paramedic who is also in the process of obtaining my associates degree in American Sign Language Interpretation.

I have a question. In an Emergency situation where you have called 9-1-1 and paramedics have arrived at your home, how would you feel if the paramedic knew enough Sign Language to be able to communicate the questions and answers needed to aid you with your medical problem?

It would be awesome. I have been in that situation a few times. i felt totally lost and unimportant since they talked directly to my husband and not me. Good !uck.

I think it would be good if an EMT could sign. It would be even better if you were certified.

honestly- the chances for the worlds to align to have a signing paramedic with a deaf/HOH patient ,, well you know the answer.

Personally I would be thrilled! it doesnt matter if I was the one being treated or as a parent of child being treated. Since I have my CERTS, if I am the first one on scene helping a patient, it would make my life easier as I'll be able to relay stats better although I can talk. The issue is when I am involved doing a triage as a team, if you were signing the questions to me, it benefits the patients better as I can underestand what you are looking for as I am only a CERT memeber :P

Be nice to see an emt say "did that hurt?" After sticking a 6 inch needle in me

Back