Queer Eye for the Straight Guy

Fly Free

Reaction score
http://channels.netscape.com/ns/tv/package.jsp?name=fte/queereye/queereye

'Queer Eye' Guys: Strange Effect On Men
Those five stars of "Queer Eye For the Straight Guy" are having a very unusual effect on men: They're turning them into shoppers. And not just any old kind of shopper. Men are shopping together. In pairs.

But before retailers start letting out whoops and cheers, pay attention to this one little catch: Men who shop because of the show, tend to do it on Wednesdays--the day after the new episode airs on Bravo on Tuesdays, reports Zap2It.com of a new survey conducted by Jericho Communications, a New York-based public relations firm.

The poll of 2,654 shoppers at malls in Boston, New York, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Washington, D.C., and suburban Philadelphia asked among other things which of 32 celebrity endorsers' products they would be most and least likely to buy, including not only the "Queer Eye" guys, but also Michael Jordan, Bill Clinton. In addition, respondents could write in their own favorites.

The bizarre findings:

Men are five times more likely than women to go shopping on Wednesdays, the day after a new episode of "Queer Eye For the Straight Guy" airs.

Half the men surveyed said they shop with another guy on Wednesday. Just 12 percent of men admitted shopping with a buddy on the other six days of the week.

More than any of the other Fab Five guys, "Queer Eye" fashion guru Carson Kressley had the most positive influence on men's purchasing decisions.

After Kressley, Arnold Schwarzenegger was the most popular celebrity endorser. Next in line was Kobe Bryant, Ashton Kutcher, Ben Affleck, and Paris Hilton.

"Bachelorette" bride Trista Rehn was the least likely to have a positive effect on a product, followed by Donald Trump, "American Idol" host Ryan Seacrest, New York Yankees owner George Steinbrenner, and Rosie O'Donnell.

Now the straight guys ACTUALLY goes shopping!!!!!! what an interesting surprise reading this article ref to the show on the stats

Oh shit! We're doomed! Yes, I'm talking about us guys! Argh!

Guys, wake up! Don't let the women ruin us! Ahh!

Well at least guys could enjoy shopping with their girlfriends now! WHEE!

[btw, I LOVE the show...!]

ROLF HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA LEV u so FUNNY! ROFL!

As for that artcile ABT FUCKING TIME cuz im tired of having to be an fashion helper for the straight guys! one or two of the guys here are jerks i won't shop for them! rest will do it on thier own and make sure they have right looks! amazing eh? hah

I love that show! I not see why straight guys stay home, they like to check girls at mall!!! y'all know that! :)

i admit.. i hate shopping.. :D

last time i went shopping with friends with pinkster and tinystrawberry.. it's great time though.. but ack.. woman store...ack...

DeafSCUBA98 said:
i admit.. i hate shopping.. :D

last time i went shopping with friends with pinkster and tinystrawberry.. it's great time though.. but ack.. woman store...ack...

I know—why can’t women ever figure out that men would rather charge a machine gun nest than go into the women’s lingerie department? All we want to do when they drag us in there is curl up into a tiny ball and hide under the carpet. :Oops:

not mean that you have forced to go women store!!! can go to unisex stores??? join with your guys friends?? i went to all of stores and enjoy my walking. :)

TV's 'Queer' Guy Opts for the Musical Life
By Michael Paoletta

NEW YORK (Billboard) - Jai Rodriguez, the culture maven of Bravo/NBC hit reality series "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy," is in the studio recording his debut album.

If initial tracks are any indication, the full-length release will encompass dance ("Love Is Good"), R&B ("Back to L.A.") and pop ("Shining Star"). And don't fret, Rodriguez can sing.

Before joining the Fab 5 on "Queer Eye," he performed on Broadway ("Rent") and off-Broadway ("Zanna, Don't!"). Last March, Arrive at Eleven Productions issued Rodriguez's "Love Is Good." The track became a favorite in New York, prompting a performance by Rodriguez at the Roxy club. Then came "Queer Eye."

"I had been trucking along quite well before 'Queer Eye,"' Rodriguez says. "And while it's been a huge vehicle for me and I love working on it, I want to be known as a performer, not solely as 'the culture guy."'

Rodriguez says he wants to complete the album by June. Until then, he'll continue recording, taping episodes of "Queer Eye" and shopping for a label deal.

"A few years ago, I never would have thought that a 24-year-old gay man could have a chance in the world of music," he says. But the times have changed. Now, anything is possible."

Levonian said:
Too late now. :cry:
I like this picture you put up in post.. It is true, queer Eye for the Straight guy need to fix the bad guy of Iraq.. I do watch this show and it is cool show. It is helping some guys to learn how to take care of hisself, clothes, a place of home, and everything.. I know some guys hate shopping for home or clothes and furniture. Some mens always loves to shop only go to home depot or Kowe's for hardware tools and car shop than clothes and furnitures. :nono:
I wish, there will have show for help some deaf guys to learn how to take care of hisself, clothes, home to make his or her relationship to be happy. :D

Back