Quebec girl told to stop reading book by school bus driver

PowerON

Reaction score
School Bus driver said reading book while riding is dangerous. Really?!? :laugh2:

Source

Her father - "I find it stupid and useless". :laugh2:

Ridiculous rule.

Would it be safer if she read paperback copies only? :giggle:

Ridiculous rule.

Would it be safer if she read paperback copies only? :giggle:

If that bus driver has any kids they much keep them in a house all day so they can't hurt playing outside . They sound very overprotective . :giggle:

That is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. Certainly hope they change that rule!

" Abel complained to the school board, which deferred to the driver, saying the person who drives the bus is allowed to make the rules."

They will have change the this rule first , the bus driver can made the rule and I think that is bad idea . Each school bus should have the same rules b/c you end up getting ridiculous rules made by ridiculous people. I think the bus company should have that driver checked out they sound looney to me.

" Abel complained to the school board, which deferred to the driver, saying the person who drives the bus is allowed to make the rules."

They will have change the this rule first , the bus driver can made the rule and I think that is bad idea . Each school bus should have the same rules b/c you end up getting ridiculous rules made by ridiculous people. I think the bus company should have that driver checked out they sound looney to me.

Most school buses are controlled by school district.

Drove a school bus. The primary rules are made by the district, and the district CAN overrule a driver. However, the driver is given a lot of latitude because his/her main job is to operate the bus safely, and keeping order can be very distracting and dangerous.

For the same reason, I had a bus 'monitor', another adult, whose job was to keep order. Most school districts provide monitors in my area, particularly in districts where students are unruly (my kids were a mixx of Hispanics and Whites, from working class backgrounds, and from neighborhoods and families with a lot of known gang activity and rivalries: spontaneous fights and violence could break out based upon these factors. And this was among ELEMENTARY SCHOOL children!)

Still--I wish I understood the rule against reading better: I would have loved a busload of kids sitting quietly and reading books.

Most school buses are controlled by school district.

But the bus driver in this story made this ridiculous rule , so bus drivers in this school district can made their own rules for their bus . I personally feel this a bad idea , the school district should made the rules and have the same rules for all their buses .

Reading the book has nothing to do with "no standing up while the bus is moving",
so it's so stupid to forbid reading on the account "because someone may want to stand up to peek over what the girl is reading". :roll:

btw- anybody ever heard of a child being poked in the eye on the bus with a book?
I've never ... nuff said.

Simply forbid getting up in the bus while it is in motion and, voila!
no peeking over.

as for the eye poking, her neighbor may playfully poke her eye out with simply her/his finger.
so what the driver is gonna do about that? demand all the kids on the bus have their fingers amputated? :hmm:

sheeeeesh.. :roll:

Fuzzy

Back