Quality of video over VP-100

navyman

Reaction score
Currently, I have an 800 number assigned to me from CSDVRS which allows callers to call me directly through CSDVRS without having to provide an extension number, so it's very convenient for me to hand out to hearing people.

However, I've noticed that when I do receive calls through CSDVRS through my VP-100, the video quality for both incoming and outgoing calls is really bad when I first answer. The screens look like they are in a very slow interlacing refresh with bad colors. It isn't until about 30 seconds or longer, the quality adjusts well enough to be usable. It's nowhere near the quality I enjoy when I make a call through Sorenson.

It's making me wonder what the issue is. I can only speculate the following:

1. It can't be my cable internet speeds (I get 8mb download and 768k upload).

2. Does CSDVRS have adequate high speed connections?

3. Is Sorenson's software update implemented last July causing competing VRS provider's connections to be degraded? I've noticed the same kinds of problems when using HOVRS too.

I should experiment and have a hearing person call me through Sorenson VRS and see if the same kind of degraded quality happens when I answer the call. If so, then it likely cannot be attributed to Sorenson purposely degrading competitor connections.

-navyman

30 Seconds of Unlcear Video

The screens look like they are in a very slow interlacing refresh with bad colors. It isn't until about 30 seconds or longer, the quality adjusts well enough to be usable.
This is normal. CSD video takes about 30 seconds to become clear. It does not matter if you use a Sorenson, i2eye or webcam.

You can suggest a change to CSD customer service.

This is normal. CSD video takes about 30 seconds to become clear. It does not matter if you use a Sorenson, i2eye or webcam.

You can suggest a change to CSD customer service.

What kind of change do you have in mind?

I would not consider it normal. It haapens only once in a while here.

CSD Intro Garble

What kind of change do you have in mind?
Explain the situation.
I would not consider it normal. It haapens only once in a while here.
You must be lucky. It happens to me, everytime I use CSD VRS, no matter if I am using a webcam of videophone. I've even tried it at my friend's houses, and the same thing happens.

Videophone Intro Glitch Contact CSD

Did you ever contact CSD about your experience as well? If so, what was their response?
I didn't contact them about this issue, but I did contact them about a different issue. I sent vrshelp@c-s-d.org a signed e–mail in WMV (Windows Media) format with English open captions, and they responded within a week, however, all that their response turned out to be was that my e-mail was forwarded to the correct person, but they did give me a ISSUE and PROJ number. I called help.csdvrs.tv with my videophone to sign to a Deaf Customer Service Representative to get the issue resolved, and me having the ISSUE and PROJ numbers really helped. After that, my problem was solved in a few hours.
I will contact them to let them know for the record.
You can also contact Sprint Relay Customer Service. Also, you can contact Sprint Relay Account Manager Mr. Matthew Gwynn. In addition, if your state is serviced by Sprint, you can contact the account mananger in your state. Look in the Sprint Business - Telecommunications Relay Service 800 Numbers Directory to find the account manager for your state.

CSDVRS
102 N Krohn Pl
Sioux Falls, SD 57103–1800
Webcam: http://www.csdvrs.com
E-mail: vrshelp@c-s-d.org
E-mail: http://www.csdvrs.com/csemail.asp
Videophone: help.csdvrs.tv
Videophone Test: check.csdvrs.tv
Voicemail: 1–605–367–5760 (TTY/Voice)
Voice–to–Sign: 1–800–296–3808 (English/Spanish/Español)
Fax: 1–605–367–4979

Sprint TRS Customer Service
P.O. Box 29230
Shawnee Mission, KS 66201-9230
TTY/ASCII/Voice/VCO/HCO/Speech–to–Speech: 1–800–676–3777 (English)
Voice/TTY: 1–800–676–4290 (Spanish/Español)
Fax: 1–877–877–3291
Sprint.TRSCustServ@sprint.com

Matthew Gwynn, Account Manager
Sprint
5454 W 110th St
Overland Park, KS 66211–1204
7007 College Blvd
Overland Park, KS 66210
TTY: 1–800–377–1180 (English)
Voicemail: 1–866–493–2262 (English)
Voice–to–Sign: 1–866–410–5787 ext 93604 (English/Spanish/Español)
Fax: 1–913–523–0224
matthew.gwynn@sprint.com

Back