Q from not tech person

faeryterp

Reaction score
with all the new technology, is there a way I can use something to interpret from home that has top quality picture?? :hmm:

with all the new technology, is there a way I can use something to interpret from home that has top quality picture?? :hmm:

The latest exploding service, started by B.I.S. in the D.C. area, is Video Remote Interpreting (V.R.I.). You might want to consider investigating that option. It is catching on since the charges are by minutes and not by a 2-hour minimum charge.

The latest exploding service, started by B.I.S. in the D.C. area, is Video Remote Interpreting (V.R.I.). You might want to consider investigating that option. It is catching on since the charges are by minutes and not by a 2-hour minimum charge.

Do you know how much is the charge per minute? That is what I am only curious

have you used it?? if you did how did you like it? We have a lot of rual areas here and it is just to expensive to drive out. I know other interpreters have started staying closer to home or going VRS it is making it even harder for rual areas. sigh Id like to help out I just cant offord to go that far for 2 hrs or less so I thought VRI might be a solution

have you used it?? if you did how did you like it? We have a lot of rual areas here and it is just to expensive to drive out. I know other interpreters have started staying closer to home or going VRS it is making it even harder for rual areas. sigh Id like to help out I just cant offord to go that far for 2 hrs or less so I thought VRI might be a solution

I've not used the service. From what I hear, hospitals are turning to the service. Personally, I prefer a live person with me - more for community-based support in what is unknown. VRI, I can believe, is efficient and more private compared to a local interpreter knowing your business.

Pros and cons. I am curious to experience it someday.

Back