Q for Ear gear users

Ashli

Reaction score
Just received son's first set of ear gear - they look so cute in camouflage pattern. When I tried them on the hearing aids, I heard a lot of noise/rustling where the fabric rubbed against the speakers. I generally hear this noise when I run my fingertips over the speakers, but it is very quiet. It is very loud and constant with the ear gear fabric cover touching the speakers all the time! I am disappointed because the ear gear is so lightweight, cute and more comfortable than the other type of clip he's using. Does anyone else experience this? Will it even bother him? I am not sure if he can hear the static. I am not having him use the ear gear yet...can't decide if I should keep.

I wear them all the time. No person ever told me they make noise. I certainly can't hear it, and they are very comfortable, and prevent damage from sweat.

Once the ear gears are on, then they don't make noises.

I like them and they are very nice to have on.

Like anything that moves over microphones, will make noises.

I was just having a look at eargear, why do they charge $40 on their australian site and $26 on their US site.....doesnt seem fair to me

I use Ear Gear all the time, I love them. They are soft and comfortable against your skin which would probably be great for your little boy and the noise is not a problem.

My husband doesn't want to use the ear gear for the baby! Tried it on him today - he said it made too much static and caused the hearing aids to flop off from behind his ears even more than they already do:( He is only 3 months old and has very soft cartilage... I didn't want to argue first thing in the morning so I dropped it but it seems like he is anti-ear gear. Maybe it is not so good for a little little baby but better when he is older.

There is no noise when the ear gear are put on and in the right place. Only time I get noise, is when placing them on and that's only if you have them turned on whiles doing it.

I do think they make my ears stuck out more and I'm an adult.

No noise when wearing ear gear ...just putting them on it rubs the mic so you hear feedback

If you're hearing feedback with the ear gear in place, then your son's hearing aids must not have Feedback Control. Ask the Audi about this. Hopefully she can turn it up.

As for making them fall off, his ears may be too small for now. You can use toupe tape to stick the HA to his head by the ear gear. Then the clip will keep them from falling off all the way.

Good luck, feel free to come back if you still need help troubleshooting.

Back