Purple Strike today

Is that suppose be joke? Suppose, I'm going to laugh?

I don't think it is a joke, FCC cuts rate, so Purple gets less money and hit hard with huge fines, meaning their (Purple) budget got screwed up, guess who gets hurt the most? Purple? Oh hahaha! NO! Its the Terps that got hit the hardest.

I don't think you have any clue or idea how stressful being terp at VRS. I don't think Purple is alone, It also affect the rest of VRS industry.

I know some Purple employers who bought house, and I wonder how this will impact to their budget.

Ouch!

I don't think it is a joke, FCC cuts rate, so Purple gets less money and hit hard with huge fines, meaning their (Purple) budget got screwed up, guess who gets hurt the most? Purple? Oh hahaha! NO! Its the Terps that got hit the hardest.

I don't think you have any clue or idea how stressful being terp at VRS. I don't think Purple is alone, It also affect the rest of VRS industry.

when are you ever gonna figure out that it's the criminals who hurt us, not the government?

do you seriously expect the government to let it pass after HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS dollars have been stolen?

when you are going to notice how bad the relay industry has shrunk?

Maybe you had no idea what happened to SnapVRS, there was a company that bought out SnapVRS before Purple bought it, aren't you aware of it? As soon as that company, I think it was Heal, Inc or something like that bought the SnapVRS, found out how heavily FCC regulations was on Relay service and knew they can't make profit, their investors withdrew their money away from starting new business... end up sold to Purple Co.

My concern is that it is going to scare shitless out of future potential new relay provider. Once all of providers gone out of business, there MIGHT be no other investors willing to risk dealing with fines, mistakes, etc with FCC. Who is going to lose in the end? It is US Deaf people that is who is going to lose and hurt the most. ANY companies, whether there is criminal or not, they CAN shut down and pack and move out leaving us with NOTHING, they don't care cause what can they do? I don't think you realize how many relay providers was 5 years ago, and now, it was like a HUGE industry back then now it is tweety tiny industry, and more and more Deaf people are getting frustrated trying to get Relay account, have you notice few threads made by some relay customers trying to get account from relay providers lately?

Finally. there are few Deaf people that can not use Video Relay service, the IPrelay provide excellent solution for them HOWEVER, there are ONLY TWO IP relay companies, and since purple face heavy fine from FCC. There are two options Purple could do.... pay fine and starve employees, OR get out of business and lay off these employees WHETHER they knew they cheat or not, end up with ONLY one IP provider and if they get busted, the whole IP relay industry can go south leaving us with no ip relay service at all.

Bottom line, the news is scaring most future new investors away, which is going to make it harder for anyone willing to set up new business as relay operators.

when are you ever gonna figure out that it's the criminals who hurt us, not the government?

Back