Purple Netbook unleashed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Malinda,

Dell Mini 9 has 16GB SSD (solid-state drive) not SSDR. It can replace 160 or 320GB HHD 2.5 (laptop hard drive size is 2.5). My friend did replace 160GB last week and it works very well.

Malinda,

Dell Mini 9 has 16GB SSD (solid-state drive) not SSDR. It can replace 160 or 320GB HHD 2.5 (laptop hard drive size is 2.5). My friend did replace 160GB last week and it works very well.

Thank you for sharing this information. I was told from Dell tech support chat online that my dell inspiron 910 has SSDR not SSD but I agreed with you I have been research a lot about this Dell inspiron 910 most said SSD not SSDR, smile.
I am amazed that you said can replace SSD to HDD. I opened my netbook, I see SSD it is so small size . I can not believe how to replace tiny SSD to 2.5 HDD. Hmmm. How to fit 2.5 HDD into dell inspiron 910? Can you please explain me how this can be done?
:cool2:

I called Dell tech support about SSDR. Can SSDR replace to HDD. Dell tech support said, no cannot replace from SSDR to HDD because of different size.
Have you try and it work on Dell insprion 910?

Check size:STEC | SSD | Ultra-Mobile Solid State Drive | PCIe Expess Mini Card

:hmm:
Malinda

Then you are out of luck for replace but you can use external HDD thru USB.

Newegg.com - Western Digital My Passport Essential WDMER3200TN 320GB USB 2.0 Real Red External Hard Drive - External Hard Drives

Thank you for sharing this information. I was told from Dell tech support chat online that my dell inspiron 910 has SSDR not SSD but I agreed with you I have been research a lot about this Dell inspiron 910 most said SSD not SSDR, smile.
I am amazed that you said can replace SSD to HDD. I opened my netbook, I see SSD it is so small size . I can not believe how to replace tiny SSD to 2.5 HDD. Hmmm. How to fit 2.5 HDD into dell inspiron 910? Can you please explain me how this can be done?
:cool2:

Good question how to fit it. My friend told me that Dell tech can replace SDD to HDD.

camijerosa,

You're right. :hmm: Let me to ask my friend again. I don't think HHD 2.5 fit for Inspiron 910.

Malinda,

Check link:
Dell mini 9 Part numbers. Dell internal

Hard Drives, Accessories
D154H SSDR,8G,PATA,4GX2,STEC
R832H SSDR,4G,PATA,4GX1,STEC
X422G SSDR,16G,PATA,4GX4,STEC

See it said SSDR not SSD

:roll:

Malinda

To be honest, this is stupid. HOVRS ripped you off 400 dollars Purple Netbook which it is not your, it is HOVRS' property.

Plus, they just branded the netbook with a LAME Purple STICKER over the dell logo..

You can buy a real netbook for 350 dollars from Dell.com and just download P3, and you just save yourself 50 bucks.

I hate when they won't say any specs because if we knew, we wouldnt buy it.

So, don't buy it. Plus, I dont like P3, I know it is in BEta but it gave me 2 times - BSOD.. my following specs are Core 2 Duo 3.7 Ghz, 4 GB, Vista Business, HD radeon 4850.

I agree 100%.

32gb is not a lot of space. You put your browser, os, pictures, word processor, etc.. on it and its going to be pretty filled up.

32gb is not a lot of space. You put your browser, os, pictures, word processor, etc.. on it and its going to be pretty filled up.

Silly man, 32 GB is PLENTY for basic computer usage.

Yes. I had worked for Purple. I unfavor P3 netbook as Dell Mine 9. I had purchased own ASUS 1005HAB netbook which includes 160 GB HDD. It costs $299.00 from best buy. it s better quailty than P3 netbook. But I must work to help customers how to set up P3 netbooks. :roll:

My girlfriend was going to get this netbook. I told her its a rip off; low memory, small hard drive .. wont be storing a lot, no gaming, screen is to small for her graphic art stuff, etc.

32 GB is PLENTY for basic computer usage.

Yeah, if you are not gaming, doing graphics stuff, office work, or storing lots of music and pictures. And all that leaves you with is some very limited internet surfing.

I got my Purple netbook for just $199 dollar no sale tax and shipping cost.
I am member of Hands of VRS Purple.
To get this discount $199; Will need to apply to join Hands of VRS Purple in order to get this discount price $199.

I do not see any other netbook that low price as Hands of VRS Purple has offer $199.
Do you?
I am using this purple netbook for travel purpose only. My other laptop is big and heavy to carry. This Purple netbook is very light and I can put in my purse.

Malinda

I got my Purple netbook for just $199 dollar no sale tax and shipping cost.
I am member of Hands of VRS Purple.
To get this discount $199; Will need to apply to join Hands of VRS Purple in order to get this discount price $199.

I do not see any other netbook that low price as Hands of VRS Purple has offer $199.
Do you?
I am using this purple netbook for travel purpose only. My other laptop is big and heavy to carry. This Purple netbook is very light and I can put in my purse.

Malinda

Now someone with common sense.

I guess you don't travel so much then you won't be understand what netbook for. :roll:

A netbook is a laptop computer for wireless communication and access to the Internet. They are Primarily designed for web browsing and e-mailing.

I know what a netbook is. I resent the fact that'd you insult my intelligence suggesting I do not, too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back