Purple MVP program closed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got an email that it said they are closing Purple Program on MVP

Here a video link about it Purple Communications Continues to Support MVP

Still not clear to me, anyone know what mean?

No more MVP program?

I am glad they stop doing that kind of program but still. They are closing the Purple Connection; it means that when you inviting people or friends to sign up the MVP to get you line front in order get MVP.

They stop doing that and will get you one doesn't matter how many your friend has signed up. Simple; just wait until you get one the MVP or get Purple Notebook.

I understand where it mislead or confusing but he say cont. using MVP and major upgrading firmware for MVP. Such as no more problem with conflict between VP200 and MVP to take over the port. The simple you do when you have MVP and do turn off and on that suppose upgrade/update the firmware for port forward then call Purple team that they will correct or checking ensure that property for call incoming for VP200 or MVP.

No more MVP program?

Yeah I watch video you provided link. Rumors were right. Mm, I assume that MVP products is no longer selling, however they wanted to keep continuing their support MVP programs and update/upgrade software for MVP users in eventually..

I think I understand what the video is all about. Mr. Jerry Nelson, who is the Vice President of Enterprise Outreach for Purple Communication, wants to tell everyone that Purple Connections are no longer running. Purple Connections is for getting people to sign up and line up to get to the door. They are no longer using the program.

However, he does add that there were major upgrades which it already upgraded to 1.5.4 which it is very helpful for all MVP users. Port forwarding works for all routers. It works for me beautifully with no problem at all. It doesn't conflict with VP200 and MVP anymore. Before the major firmware upgrade, MVP and VP200 usually works on 1720 port and it always conflict with the same port. Then people would be forced to use DMZ most of the time. I remember when I first got my MVP, people would call to MVP instead of calling to my VP200. People would get confused wondering if they called to MVP or VP200. That is because of DMZ was set at .25 instead of .125. If I wanted to have callers to call to my VP200 I would I have to set DMZ at .125 which that is VP200 setting for the router. Today, with major firmware upgrade, you don't have to use DMZ anymore, I can use port forwarding in my router and it works beautifully for me.

Purple already closed Purple Connections program, but Purple will continue to distribute free MVP and will sell P3 netbooks to more Deaf people who want to sign up with Purple.

I hope my explanations is clear about the video. :)

Redwolf said it correctly. They stop using Purple connections (signing up people under you to receive MVPs) only but it does not mean they distributing or discontinuing MVPs but continue improving them as well.

Last month I talked to a Purple rep about the MVPs, and she said that they are sort of freeze distributing MVPs till they work on its solutions for the MVPs before redistributing them again in some time later. That's pretty much to it as of now. So they stick to P3s as I understood... it makes sense.

Our MVPs work well so are many others too though some certain numbers do experience, u know. I'm sure it will improve as time goes though.

No more MVP program?

MVP will still be distributed, but the Pyramid Scheme... ahem, I mean, Purple Connections program will discontinue, which means you dont need to sign your friends up to be first in line to get MVP.

let me have this quik response about MVPs. We, purple still support the MVP and you are MVP uiser and still use it to contact other purple people.

That is just information that MVP is slowing down and old technical. P3 is new technical and popular. You still can use the address book for purple friends over 20 or more then you not have to worry about lost them.

MVP is good locate at home and locate near your home. We do support MVPs!

Do Not throw MVP away.

I am Purple Rep here.

Stop distribute MVP? I am sure there are more deaf people who wants MVP now which it is free than buying P3 which it is very cheap. But why stopping it if there are still more people signing up for Purple numbers for MVP?

qwerty, it not a flop and it not a epic fail. It is a epic fail for you to know if it was a flop. geesh....

Stop distribute MVP? I am sure there are more deaf people who wants MVP now which it is free than buying P3 which it is very cheap. But why stopping it if there are still more people signing up for Purple numbers for MVP?

qwerty, it not a flop and it not a epic fail. It is a epic fail for you to know if it was a flop. geesh....

P3 and MVP has same purple number.... you can contact same thing. People can go to HOVRS for add address book, etc. same as MVP. Everything is same but little different. Buy P3 and Shipping FREE.

If you want to know what is going on then make call Customer Care and I am sure they can explain because they work there.. I cant see myself here from there.

We all do support MVP and Purple Communcation, too. We did not lost them and many thing is going on in the future. We, purple workers has listen to many customers and new ideas ahead.

No more MVP program?

Oh thank goodness that they discontinue the Purple Connection thingy. Because I find it very annoying when it was set up that way. I really hope I can get the MVP soon! I signed up for it a couple months ago...and I'm still waiting.

I went to deaf expo last week. I asked purple hovrs worker about mvp, they said mvp is on hold. Now focus on P3..cuz MVP is so behind..so its on hold for now.

I went to deaf expo last week. I asked purple hovrs worker about mvp, they said mvp is on hold. Now focus on P3..cuz MVP is so behind..so its on hold for now.

Yup, it was same as the Purple rep told me last month though few other P reps said quite different. duh! lol But I really believe they're holding on it to improve more before redistributing. Only the P connection stops is pretty much all for now.

Thank you for your explainations ...

Mod can close this thread please.

I got an email regarding to MVP:

Dear Valued Purple Customer:
Thank you for your participation in the Purple Connections program and for your interest in receiving an MVP from Purple Communications. The Purple Connections program exceeded expectations, and the number of requests for the MVP was more than the number of MVPs we had available.

As such we are disappointed that we were not able to get enough MVPs to distribute to everyone, and the Purple Connections program has been closed. We are sorry to tell you that we are unable to offer you an MVP. We apologize for the situation and we continue to work hard to be your preferred relay provider.
Visit our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page to learn more about these changes: HOVRS - FAQ.

Purple remains committed to giving you easy access to our services, including VRS, point-to-point video, and Text Relay – using P3 software. If you have a computer with a webcam and a Purple Local Number, you can start using P3 software now by downloading it for free.

Learn more about the benefits of getting your Purple Local Number. To obtain your Purple Local Number register today.

If you have already received an MVP, please disregard this message and visit here for the latest update about your MVP.

Questions? Contact the Purple Account Services Team (PAST) at dream.purple.tv or 866.318.6224.

We appreciate your continued support of Purple products and services.

Thank you from the Purple Team

I got an email regarding to MVP:

That suck to knows about that news. :|

At least Purple Communication did the 'TRY'

It sad to learn that news because since Viable is on own and will not develop better product for VPAD+ unless other VRS providing one and start rolling carpet to Deaf community.

At least again one more time... Purple did have chance opportunity for MVP.

Everyone,

I believe there is a misunderstanding here in this thread. Actually, Purple now no longer distribute MVPs to effected purple customers. Its a huge blow for everyone who had been waiting for it so long. For users who have MVP can receive support and firmware upgrades onwards.

Mod note:

Thread closed at creator requested. :locked:

Sorry for long overdue.

Thank you for your explainations ...

Mod can close this thread please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back