Purple is alive!!

Like Jiro said, they will make an announcement until end of the day or so.

Hold your pants.

drop pants now!! drop em! drop em!

PowerOn I always figured you were a perv lol

PowerOn>>> drop pants now!! drop em! drop em!

I still do not believe this until Purple tell the fact from the company but i still hope that FCC is not willing work it out with Purple for their dirty of mins business.

HERE'S YOUR OFFICIAL SOURCE:

http://www.fcc.gov/nr030910.pdf

NEWS
Federal Communications Commission
445 12th Street, S.W.
Washington, D. C. 20554
This is an unofficial announcement of Commission action. Release of the full text of a Commission order constitutes official action.
See MCI v. FCC. 515 F 2d 385 (D.C. Circ 1974).
News Media Information 202 / 418-0500
Internet: http://www.fcc.gov
TTY: 1-888-835-5322
For Immediate Release: News Media Contact:
March 9, 2010 Rosemary Kimball at (202) 418-0511
e-mail: rosemary.kimball@fcc.gov
PURPLE COMMUNICATIONS ACKNOWLEDGES DEBT,
BEGINS PAYBACK TO TELECOMMUNICATIONS RELAY FUND
Washington, DC -- Purple Communications, a provider of telecommunications relay
services, has signed an agreement with the FCC that puts in place the framework for repayment
of funds that were inappropriately paid to the company. Under this agreement, Purple
“acknowledges that the FCC [has stated that Purple has] a debt amounting to $18,459,064, and
has determined not to challenge the FCC’s position.” Under the agreement, the funds will be
repaid to the National Exchange Carriers Association (NECA), which administers the
government fund that pays for relay services for deaf and hard-of-hearing consumers. In return
for this commitment, the FCC will instruct NECA to release payment to Purple for relay services
provided in the month of December 2009, and will continue to reimburse for legitimate relay
services provided by Purple month by month.
“We’re pleased that Purple has acknowledged its debt to the government and agreed to
repay it,” said Joel Gurin, Chief of the Consumer and Governmental Affairs Bureau of the FCC.
“Because this agreement enables Purple to continue doing business, it will also benefit Purple’s
customers and employees. We look forward to Purple’s fulfillment of this agreement in the
months ahead.”
This action follows a Declaratory Ruling, issued by the Consumer and Governmental
Affairs Bureau of the FCC on February 25, that reaffirms the FCC’s rules regarding which calls
can be compensated from the government relay fund. Relay services allow people with hearing
disabilities to communicate with hearing people. In video relay service (VRS), this is done
through an interpreter who can translate speech into American Sign Language and vice versa.
The Declaratory Ruling restates that government funds can only be used to pay for relay
service for calls that involve at least one party in the United States. In addition, the Ruling
restates that relay service for any calls made to or from the employees of a VRS provider – for
example, for marketing or other business purposes – cannot be paid for at the minute-by-minute
rate used to calculate payments for relay services provided to consumers. The costs of these
business calls can, however, be submitted by VRS companies as part of the overhead that is used
to calculate how the government will reimburse them.
The FCC calculated that Purple had been inappropriately paid by NECA for $18.4
million in calls that either began and ended outside the U.S., or that were made to or from Purple
employees. Purple has agreed to work with the FCC on a plan to repay this amount over time,
and will have 180 days to develop a repayment plan with the FCC. Purple has also agreed to
make an initial payment after it receives its December payment from NECA. While this
agreement addresses Purple’s debt obligation to the government, it does not affect any possible
government investigations into Purple’s business practices.
- FCC -

Purple vlog will be announced end of day or tomorrow.

HERE'S YOUR OFFICIAL SOURCE:

http://www.fcc.gov/nr030910.pdf

NEWS
Federal Communications Commission
445 12th Street, S.W.
Washington, D. C. 20554
This is an unofficial announcement of Commission action. Release of the full text of a Commission order constitutes official action.
See MCI v. FCC. 515 F 2d 385 (D.C. Circ 1974).
News Media Information 202 / 418-0500
Internet: Federal Communications Commission (FCC) Home Page
TTY: 1-888-835-5322
For Immediate Release: News Media Contact:
March 9, 2010 Rosemary Kimball at (202) 418-0511
e-mail: rosemary.kimball@fcc.gov
PURPLE COMMUNICATIONS ACKNOWLEDGES DEBT,
BEGINS PAYBACK TO TELECOMMUNICATIONS RELAY FUND
Washington, DC -- Purple Communications, a provider of telecommunications relay
services, has signed an agreement with the FCC that puts in place the framework for repayment
of funds that were inappropriately paid to the company. Under this agreement, Purple
“acknowledges that the FCC [has stated that Purple has] a debt amounting to $18,459,064, and
has determined not to challenge the FCC’s position.” Under the agreement, the funds will be
repaid to the National Exchange Carriers Association (NECA), which administers the
government fund that pays for relay services for deaf and hard-of-hearing consumers. In return
for this commitment, the FCC will instruct NECA to release payment to Purple for relay services
provided in the month of December 2009, and will continue to reimburse for legitimate relay
services provided by Purple month by month.
“We’re pleased that Purple has acknowledged its debt to the government and agreed to
repay it,” said Joel Gurin, Chief of the Consumer and Governmental Affairs Bureau of the FCC.
“Because this agreement enables Purple to continue doing business, it will also benefit Purple’s
customers and employees. We look forward to Purple’s fulfillment of this agreement in the
months ahead.”
This action follows a Declaratory Ruling, issued by the Consumer and Governmental
Affairs Bureau of the FCC on February 25, that reaffirms the FCC’s rules regarding which calls
can be compensated from the government relay fund. Relay services allow people with hearing
disabilities to communicate with hearing people. In video relay service (VRS), this is done
through an interpreter who can translate speech into American Sign Language and vice versa.
The Declaratory Ruling restates that government funds can only be used to pay for relay
service for calls that involve at least one party in the United States. In addition, the Ruling
restates that relay service for any calls made to or from the employees of a VRS provider – for
example, for marketing or other business purposes – cannot be paid for at the minute-by-minute
rate used to calculate payments for relay services provided to consumers. The costs of these
business calls can, however, be submitted by VRS companies as part of the overhead that is used
to calculate how the government will reimburse them.
The FCC calculated that Purple had been inappropriately paid by NECA for $18.4
million in calls that either began and ended outside the U.S., or that were made to or from Purple
employees. Purple has agreed to work with the FCC on a plan to repay this amount over time,
and will have 180 days to develop a repayment plan with the FCC. Purple has also agreed to
make an initial payment after it receives its December payment from NECA. While this
agreement addresses Purple’s debt obligation to the government, it does not affect any possible
government investigations into Purple’s business practices.
- FCC -

From this source it seem to me that it saying FCC will approve to release the fund to Purple but they still have to pay back 18.4 million dollar and Purple have 180 days to come up with a payment plan to pay back the 18.4 million.

From this source it seem to me that it saying FCC will approve to release the fund to Purple but they still have to pay back 18.4 million dollar and Purple have 180 days to come up with a payment plan to pay back the 18.4 million.

rough 18 day Purple bet they lost sleep and hair over it

18.4 million dollars ? Wow! That's pretty alot! :eek3:

And they still will be investigated. Hope they catch the few that ruined it for all and serve some serious prison time.

18.4 million dollars ? Wow! That's pretty alot! :eek3:

That is only what they owe the government. They still have other outstanding debt totaling about 48 million bucks. But don't let that ruin your dinner. :lol:

I learned that Purple has 180 days meaning till Oct 18 and FCC also is a dog watching on Purple for 180 days!

I learned that Purple has 180 days meaning till Oct 18 and FCC also is a dog watching on Purple for 180 days!

I think it means they have 180 days to come up with an agreeable plan to pay back the 18 mil.

I think it means they have 180 days to come up with an agreeable plan to pay back the 18 mil.

True but one of purple rep told me 10 mins ago, Purple is currently a dog watch by Purple till Oct 18. but i think you made more sense tho

Back