Purple home has neighbors seeing red

huh? :lol:

Just remember that some neighborhoods have a Neighborhood Association. If this is one of them--then the neighbors that are complaining have a valid argument.

Yeah, That is why I questioned if that area is under the HOA?

Like you said, If it is for a neighborhood association - It may be the reason why the neighbors made an argument about it. Although the article did not exactly say if that area was under such thing and we are only left up to make an assumption.

But, I suppose it is to each own.

saw the house, its not bad, its in really good condition, and i think the neighbours should go fuck themselves. its not horrible to look at, sure its different but not That different, there was a blue house (and i mean very blue) not far from here, it was sold and repainted, ok sure it looked slightly better now with a 'wet sand' colour but the windows frames remained blue (its aluminum, so its difficult/expensive to change it). Notice i said slightly better its because the windows kind of messed it up, which brings to note that i sometimes wonder if it was meant to be blue and leave it , sure it was eye-catchy but it wasnt that bad. just some people are not comfortable to bend the rules of colour comformity....oh well
actually it was sold fairly cheap like a hundred grand cheaper LOL, so heck Luciadistured you never know, you might get lucky to find a bargain, a different-coloured house of your dreams because 'nobody' wanted it.

in another way, i think people need to lighten up, like if they dont honesty "like it" they can react to it with humor, but not ridicule, becuase for those who live in there (the house) have feelings, it is Their home, they love it, we dont have any rights to tell other people what not to like, or what to have.

the thing i noticed the news website showing the house, didnt show the view of the neighbours for comparison, just a close up on that one particular house, and it was bad at all. Ive seen worse so i dont really know what they're on about, except they seem a bunch of snobby eggnogs. (and no i dont have highspeed internet to get the video so [perhaps its in there, so forgive me)
Cheers

I saw it on the news few days ago and thought it was interesting and different. Sequim is known as one of the driest city in Western Washington state with whopping 16 inches average annual rainfall while on the other side of the Olympic mountains get 140-160 inches of rain. (Sequim acts as a cast shadow from the rain blocked by the Olympic Mountains). That is one of the reason why it's lavender capital, same with San Juan Islands, too. It's pretty much perfect area for them to grow.

I don't understand. What's wrong with the color purple? I hope that doesn't sound like a stupid question, but I don't know what the color purple looks like. Why are people complaining? Is it really that bad of a color that detracts from the way other homes look? There are some homes in the inner city within my metro area that are painted pink, yellow, red or blue.

I don't understand. What's wrong with the color purple? I hope that doesn't sound like a stupid question, but I don't know what the color purple looks like. Why are people complaining? Is it really that bad of a color that detracts from the way other homes look? There are some homes in the inner city within my metro area that are painted pink, yellow, red or blue.

Yeah, I came close to renting a beautiful painted red house with 3 bedrooms and beautiful hardwood work inside on Humboldt and Meinecke in Milwaukee, but ended up not signing the lease when I found out how much the landlord wanted for the security deposit in addition to the rent: He wanted $1,700 security deposit in addition to the $500 rent for the three bedroom house. No way. I believe that the security deposit should not be more than what the rent for one month is. At least, that's been my experience in my 10 years of renting houses, duplexes, flats, and apartments. (Although I've noticed a new trend with security deposits in large apartment complexes here in San Antonio...they have gone down to about even $99 security deposits and a free first month's rent!)

Hear Again...people are whining because purple is considered a "bold" or "distracting" color...I think they are all a bunch of crybabies who want everything in the whole neighborhood to look the same, like in the book "Wurthering Heights" (I think that is the right book, not sure...it's been forever and a day since I have read the book).

And, HOAs are stupid. I will make sure I get a house where there is NO HOA at all because HOAs are evil and they control EVERYTHING even if you own the house. I see no point in living in a house that I paid for or am paying the mortgage for if I can't do with it what I want, can't paint the house any color I want except boring light or shit brown color like my dad's house (his house is a shit brown color) and if I can't have my children's toys in the front yard (that is a normal thing, isn't it? Why do people complain so much about other people who have their children's toys and bikes in the front yard - you can't really expect children to behave like perfect adults and keep everything neat and perfect and hidden away - children are supposed to play and be messy with their toys in the yards like in the old days of the 1950s and 1960s cause that is what is normal for them - psychologists say so!) and if I can't do what I want with my front and back lawn and other dumb shit. If I had a house and I adhered to everything the stupid HOA says, it will make me feel like I am nothing but a tenant in MY OWN HOUSE that I PAID FOR, and make me feel like the HOAs are the landlords of who I do not pay the rent to. Especially if I either have already paid the house off in full with my own MONEY or am paying the MORTGAGE to the BANK with my own MONEY. MY MONEY. MY HOUSE. FUCK HOAs. All they care about is maintaining their stupid property values and they are nothing but a bunch of crybabies who likes everything to be "boring, neat, and plain". Fuck that shit. My future house will be unique and beautiful and colorful and interesting, that's for sure, and if the whole world complains about my house, I will be more than happy to tell them to kiss my ass and to go fuck themselves and to go suck some dick, because I DO NOT CARE. IT IS NOT THEIR HOUSE! IT IS MY HOUSE! If you do not own the house, then you do not have the right to complain about it. STFU and get a LIFE! If it is really bothering you so much, then I suggest that you wear a blindfold so you won't have to see the house anymore.

Just remember that people want to be part of HOA's and do pay for it as they want continuity and structure for the neighborhood.

BTW--I am one of "those people" that do complain about seeing kids toys/bikes/etc in neighbor's yards as that can bring down the value of the neighborhood. Especially if one is trying to sell their house. :) :cool2:

It just doesnt blend in very well with the landscaping, IMO. I think it looks more appealing as a beach house or a house in the heart of a city. Out in the mountains...eeehhh

I love the color and designs but just wrong place. I guess it is cuz I have learned so much from my dad who used to own a custom home painting business.

I've seen Purple house in Kansas City, Missouri. It's more like dark purple colored. It sure look ugly in old neighbor. I also seen neon orange colored house there too. I spotted those houses while driving on I-35. You can't miss it tho.

IN Kansas side, just 1/4 miles where I live, there are house painted in Pink and other painted as Cobalt Blue :eek2: It look ugly and still there!! :ugh:

In my area we ha ve huge hisapnice culture and they typically paint their houses bright colors such as bright green, orange, blue, red, and so on with a complimentary color on the trim of the house. Some have planted palm trees in their yard. For them I think its a small reminder of home. One house has a mural painted on the side of it. It doesn't look bad, but it would be better though if it were a part of a larger innercity neighborhood, vs these houses being scattered throughout various neighborhoods in town. We'll have a nice one story brick house w/ vinyl siding w/ a creme trm, and a carefully trimmed lawn, then we'll have a creme trailer, then next to that we'll have this cedar house that's painted bright orange with green trim. And at the end of the street we'll have an apartment complex that has all metal siding in grey and party lights hanging from one of the doors.

Back