Purple Communications to Announce Dream Bigger Trailblazer of the Year at Washington,

Miss-Delectable

Reaction score
Purple Communications to Announce Dream Bigger Trailblazer of the Year at Washington, D.C. Ceremony | SYS-CON AUSTRALIA

Purple Communications(TM), Inc. (Nasdaq: PRPL) ("Purple"), one of the nation's leading providers of text and video relay and on-site interpreting services will announce the result of their nationwide initiative promoting and celebrating the advancements made by trailblazers in the deaf community. The Dream Bigger initiative will culminate with the unveiling of the Purple Communications' Trailblazer of the Year at a finale event on Saturday, October 17, 2009 at the Washington Marriott, 1221 22nd Street NW in Washington, D.C. The event will be emceed by Lauren Teruel Ridloff, former Miss Deaf America, will feature all ten Trailblazers as well as Purple Communications' CEO Dan Luis.

Dream Bigger recognized ten Trailblazers in the Deaf Community and Hard-of-Hearing Community and celebrated their accomplishment and advancements made in the community with events taking place in their home states throughout the country. Whether it has been breaking down barriers or establishing new status quos, the 2009 Dream Bigger Trailblazers have all in their own way, improved the overall quality-of-life for all members of the Deaf Community and Hard-of-Hearing Community.

As part of the Trailblazer of the Year selection, each nominee was awarded a $1,000 cash prize from Purple Communications to be donated to their non-profit organization of choice. The winner of the Trailblazer of the Year award will receive an additional $10,000 to be donated in their name, to their charity of choice, as well as an all-expenses-paid vacation.

Members of the Washington D.C.-metro community interested in attending the finale event should RSVP on Purple's website at Purple Communications -- Dream Bigger. There, visitors can also view and read all ten Trailblazers' stories.

"The anticipation is building here at Purple and in the Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing Community for the announcement of Trailblazer of the Year," said Brandon Arthur, vice president of marketing communications for Purple Communications. "The ambition and dedication of each nominee is admirable and through their efforts they have helped to raise awareness of the Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing Community helping the hearing to understand a world rich with culture despite a constant struggle to overcome communication barriers. We wish all the contestants good luck."

Over the past five months close to 8400 people have voted online at Purple Communications -- Dream Bigger for the Trailblazer of the Year. An official press release announcing the winner will be distributed on October 19, 2009.

Louisiana Photographer Tate Tullier Voted 'Trailblazer of the Year' By Deaf Community

Louisiana Photographer Tate Tullier Voted 'Trailblazer of the Year' By Deaf

Finale Gala in Washington, D.C. attended by over 850 people

Purple Communications(TM), Inc. (Nasdaq: PRPL) ("Purple"), one of the nation's leading providers of text and video relay and on-site interpreting services announced Mr. Tate Tullier, noted Deaf professional photographer, as Trailblazer of the Year and winner of the Dream Bigger Campaign.

(Photo: http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/20091019/NY94885 )

The Dream Bigger Campaign recognized ten Trailblazers in the Deaf Community and Hard-of-Hearing Community and celebrated their accomplishment and advancements made in the community with events taking place in their home states throughout the country. As part of the Trailblazer of the Year selection, each of the ten Trailblazer nominees was awarded a $1,000 cash prize from Purple Communications to be donated to their non-profit organization of choice.

Over the past five months over 8,000 people in the Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing Community read about each Trailblazer nominee, viewed videos and cast their votes for Trailblazer of the Year at purple.us/dreambigger. Tullier secured the largest number of votes, and in front of an in-person audience of over 850 at the Trailblazer of the Year finale event, and 21,000 online viewers, was named the winner. He received $10,000 to go toward his organization-of-choice, the Louisiana School for the Deaf, a Baton-Rouge based school serving over 500 Deaf and Hard of Hearing youth. In addition to the charitable donation, Tullier will also receive an all-expense-paid vacation to the destination of his choice.

"I am overwhelmed and overjoyed that so many in the Deaf Community saw something special in me and selected me as their winner," said Trailblazer of the Year, Tate Tullier. "The outpouring of support I have received from the Deaf Community has been amazing. In winning this award, I want to challenge the Deaf youth of tomorrow to reach for their goals, dream bigger and know that anything is possible with hard work and dedication."

Tullier, one of the Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing Community's most prominent professional photographers, began his career at the young age of 12 using the Louisiana landscape as his inspiration. After graduating from Gallaudet University in 2003, Tullier successfully pursued a photography career in New York City by starting his own company. A native of Louisiana, Tullier returned to the South in 2005 and has since grown his business through a combination of online and 'word of hand' marketing in the Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing Community. He is heralded as a creative leader for Deaf youth within the community.

"Tate is a true creative inspiration for both the Deaf and hearing community. His passion for finding the beauty in life is a trait we can all benefit from," said Brandon Arthur, vice president of marketing communications for Purple Communications. "Purple is proud to honor his talents and to donate the $10,000 to the Louisiana School for the Deaf. We hope these proceeds will help to inspire the Deaf youth of tomorrow, strengthening their passions and offering them the opportunity to succeed."

My friend, Tate won. Congrats Tate and his wife, Sarah!

You know him, Shel? How cool is that? I read his info on the Purple site.

Really an interesting thing to vote on these folks. It was a tie for me to vote, old favorites or kids like Tate! It was a hard choice. I am happy that he won.

You know him, Shel? How cool is that? I read his info on the Purple site.

Really an interesting thing to vote on these folks. It was a tie for me to vote, old favorites or kids like Tate! It was a hard choice. I am happy that he won.

Yep, I know him but dont see him anymore as he lives in LA now. Used to hang out with him sometime at Gallaudet when we were all students there.

Back