purple communication not yet offical

qwerty123

Reaction score
NOVATO, CA — February 2, 2009 — GoAmerica, Inc. (NASDAQ: GOAM), one of the nation’s leading providers of video and text relay, and professional interpreter services for people who are deaf, hard-of-hearing, or speech-disabled, today announced that its Board of Directors and stockholders have approved an amendment to its Certificate of Incorporation to change the Company’s name to Purple Communications, Inc. GoAmerica expects the name change to be effective on or about February 11, 2009. In connection with its name change, GoAmerica has reserved “PRPL” as its new trading symbol on the NASDAQ Capital Market. GoAmerica expects to trade under its new trading symbol on the day immediately following the effective date of its name change.

Price remains stagnant for years with no view in increasing value

Shop elsewhere !

I think the point is that "GoAmerica" will no longer exist, and instead be called "Purple Company" (yes, I know it's "Purple Communications.")

It makes sense in that deaf people signing "purple company" is easier to understand than "Go America."

I wish 'em luck establishing their new identity. HOVRS, a subsidary of Purple, has been using that color since as long as I can remember. The other components, not so much.

I think the point is that "GoAmerica" will no longer exist, and instead be called "Purple Company" (yes, I know it's "Purple Communications.")

It makes sense in that deaf people signing "purple company" is easier to understand than "Go America."

I wish 'em luck establishing their new identity. HOVRS, a subsidary of Purple, has been using that color since as long as I can remember. The other components, not so much.

Exactly, that is why it is being changed, like it is not bad news for us to know, huh qwerty123?

I remember somewhere in the forum that a few years ago, it used to be a deaf president of GoAmerica. Correct me if I'm right. Thanks.

Setting put in new Canada

That is important to Canada should have purple company do you think so imporatnt to people support to Purple company Do you wan to think so would be important help you

If you let's go information give me website I cannot research find website. I wish be support to help with Canada Purple Company

I remember somewhere in the forum that a few years ago, it used to be a deaf president of GoAmerica. Correct me if I'm right. Thanks.

Never. It's always been a hearing person in charge of that company. In fact, all of the companies under Purple have been hearing run. One of them, I think , is a CODA, but that's as close as you get.

None of the big relay companies are run by deaf presidents.

Never. It's always been a hearing person in charge of that company. In fact, all of the companies under Purple have been hearing run. One of them, I think , is a CODA, but that's as close as you get.

None of the big relay companies are run by deaf presidents.

Lolz, I thought Viable president is Deaf because of his son?

I overlooked Viable, but I also don't think of them as "big." I would have remembered them if they had a major presence. I only recall seeing advertising from them when their VPAD was new and hot before the Z came out and the MVP was making waves with the whole social networking thing.

They need to get some more advertising done and make waves in the deaf community.

You could also say the same about "Hawk Relay" which is barely a blip on the radar these days. The only thing I know about them is that they were pushing the Deaf-Blind VRS stuff pretty hard.

You could also say the same about "Hawk Relay" which is barely a blip on the radar these days. The only thing I know about them is that they were pushing the Deaf-Blind VRS stuff pretty hard.

Sound good about deaf-blind VRS. I read info on Hawk Relay DBRS (Deaf Blind Relay Service) Hawk Relay but they should be Deaf-Blind VRS. Deaf blind can use ASL to send message to VI (video Interpreter) then receive message of braille display from text relay operator. Good idea?

That's a pretty complicated setup, and typing is not something VRS interpreters are trained to do. And how many DBs are there? It'd be a very very very rare service.

Cool... I am still trying to figure how they came up with it as Purple Communication Inc/Purple Company.

Whenever I see that name, I kept thinking something like "Adult entertainment," instead of a relay/video relay provider for the Deaf/HoH/DeafBlind/Speech.

Cool... I am still trying to figure how they came up with it as Purple Communication Inc/Purple Company.

Whenever I see that name, I kept thinking something like "Adult entertainment," instead of a relay/video relay provider for the Deaf/HoH/DeafBlind/Speech.

:rofl:

Obray, the founder of HOVRS got about 3 million stock in Purple Company. 3 Mil x $3.00 price on Wall st.

Hes wealthy with 9 million dollars. Nice job!

Back